Supertech Synthetic 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tony1679
Originally Posted By: actionstan
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
And cue Merk.....

Yup, Merkava will be on this like a fly on....well.... You know...

You guys are forgetting something... The oil OP has asked about is not 10w-30... Lol!

I think Merk preaching on Supertech just came to an end. See the topic "which oil is which."
crackmeup2.gif

Lol I was thinking of mentioning the 10w30.

Originally Posted By: Clubber_Lang
who would use Supertech Syn 5w30 over PYB 5w30 for 5,000-6,000 mile intervals? Do you have a clear winner here or is it a toss up?

The better question is why use either one when there are better oils out there?

Better for what? How are you going to prove your choice is better for the average daily driver for OEM OCI's?

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: Clubber_Lang
who would use Supertech Syn 5w30 over PYB 5w30 for 5,000-6,000 mile intervals? Do you have a clear winner here or is it a toss up?

The better question is why use either one when there are better oils out there?

Better for what? How are you going to prove your choice is better for the average daily driver for OEM OCI's?

I did not make a suggestion or choice. But you can't possibly say STS or PYB are the "best."

Originally Posted By: Kuato
I had great results with ST Syn at a 5000 mile OCI, on the UOA it tested just as good as M1, Valvoline and Amsoil at that distance.

Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif

It is not trolling. Because it is the truth.

I did not necessarily mean trolling. What I meant was he was fishing for an argument from the M1, Amsoil, and Valvoline fanboys.

I have a hard time believing this is true.

Tony, I have the UOAs to back it up. These tests were done 4 years ago, when my wife drove 50 highway miles a day to and from work. I ran the mentioned oils to 5k, with the same filter each time, and wear metals were within 1 ppm in most cases.

TBN was fine also.

If you had taken the time to look at my signature, you would see I am an "Amsoil fanboy". If you have seen any of my posts in the "what oil did you use in the past" threads, you would have seen I used Valvoline from the early 90s until 2004.

Last edited:
I have NO idea why, at 5k HWY miles, there WOULD be a discernable difference. It isn't even coming close to their 'limits'.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
tony1679 said:
It is not trolling. Because it is the truth.

I did not necessarily mean trolling. What I meant was he was fishing for an argument from the M1, Amsoil, and Valvoline fanboys.

I have a hard time believing this is true.

Tony, I have the UOAs to back it up. These tests were done 4 years ago, when my wife drove 50 highway miles a day to and from work. I ran the mentioned oils to 5k, with the same filter each time, and wear metals were within 1 ppm in most cases.

TBN was fine also.

If you had taken the time to look at my signature, you would see I am an "Amsoil fanboy". If you have seen any of my posts in the "what oil did you use in the past" threads, you would have seen I used Valvoline from the early 90s until 2004.

Originally Posted By: mjk
I have NO idea why, at 5k HWY miles, there WOULD be a discernable difference. It isn't even coming close to their 'limits'.

Thank you, that is my point exactly. OP is considering using ST Synthetic for 5k.

If this is the case, why doesn't EVERYBODY run the cheapest oil they can find for 5k? Because we all know better. I'm glad that particular sample worked for you. But do you actually know what it was? Supertech changes flavors. Is it the same now? Is it the same as what the op can get? This is my point...

Ask Merk, he finally understands this. Notice how he hasn't chimed in...?

If this is the case, why doesn't EVERYBODY run the cheapest oil they can find for 5k? Because we all know better.

People are snobs when it comes to motor oil. That is all. At 5K OCI's the performance difference Supertech synthetic, PU, M-1 EP, Amsoil SS, and RP would be miniscule. If do not believe me ask triobologist and the oil companies themselves. At best the answer you will get no motor oil exceeds the performance of product X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back