Oh NO! Not another claim with Progressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
Originally Posted By: whip
To those that are saying sue for phone records, why? If she was on the phone, is she more at fault? Will the claim amount change?

It'll be a whole lot harder for the insurance company to deny fault on the part of their insured driver...

The driver admitted she was speeding. She lost control of her vehicle, and damaged property. It's going to be pretty hard to deny fault as is. The driver being on the phone will have zero effect.

My RAV4 got side swiped by a drunk driver running from the police a few years back. Traveler's denied the claim because they unilaterally decided to say that the car was stolen.

Never put anything past an insurance company.

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
My RAV4 got side swiped by a drunk driver running from the police a few years back. Traveler's denied the claim because they unilaterally decided to say that the car was stolen.

Never put anything past an insurance company.

That's when you ask for their full name (the adjuster), and the phone and fax number to their legal department. You can seal the deal by saying "you'll personally be hearing from my lawyer Monday". If you're feeling really malcontent, mention your state insurance board as well. It tends to really get their attention.

The driver admitted she was speeding. She lost control of her vehicle, and damaged property. It's going to be pretty hard to deny fault as is. The driver being on the phone will have zero effect.

Actually it depends on the locality, some areas have serious laws enforced about being on the phone while driving, if this locality has a strict law with very serious penalities it WILL most certainly make a difference. At least it would increase the fines and penalties, it could mean a jail sentence as well, which in these cases I welcome. We need to start making people pay dearly for using the [censored] phone (incl texting, ect) when they are driving! I for one want serious jail time for the first time offenders as well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Oh, and by the way... I was asked "what is a salt kettle?"

I wanted to ask if he'd ever heard of a magical place called "Google" before?

I don't think that's exactly common knowledge -- in fact, googling "what is a salt kettle" returns:
Originally Posted By: Google
The Salt Kettle is a small peninsula in Paget Parish, Bermuda which stands at the southern approach to Hamilton Harbor.

Google image search was more useful, but the regular search returns vacation rentals, resorts and the like. Do you use it as a bird bath?

I have a feeling the OP is more concerned politically with the name Progressive than anything.

Just think of what it costs Progressive to air endless
television commercials at all times of the day and on major highly rated network shows? Yes, it must cost them a literal fortune!
Honestly I don't know how they do it. This is why Progressive is probably so unwilling to settle claims against them in a reasonable manner without threating them with legal action.

I know other insurance carries advertise as well some quite a lot..but I don't think there is another auto insurance company that does it to the extreme that Progressive does, and oh, gosh that
ANNOYING IDIOT FLO is horrible, I can't stand her, period. Get it flo...period. LOL

I would guess it depends on the local agents. I can only say the one time I had to deal with them they took care of everything 100% and in a quick manner.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Actually it depends on the locality, some areas have serious laws enforced about being on the phone while driving, if this locality has a strict law with very serious penalties it WILL most certainly make a difference. At least it would increase the fines and penalties, it could mean a jail sentence as well, which in these cases I welcome. We need to start making people pay dearly for using the [censored] phone (incl texting, ect) when they are driving! I for one want serious jail time for the first time offenders as well.

In other words, it will have zero effect on the claim.......

If I was the OP, I wouldn't spend a dime of my money, or a single second of my time trying to prove the driver was on the phone just so she has to pay a fine.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Just think of what it costs Progressive to air endless television commercials at all times of the day

I have a feeling it cost about the same as Geico, Allstate, and Farmers. Have you not seen all of the insurance commercial with the lizard?

I went from Geico to Allstate and had my premiums drop almost 20%. For better coverage. (I doubled my liability coverage.) Progressive was never even seriously considered, they were not remotely competitive.

In other words, it will have zero effect on the claim....... (driver being on the phone at the time of accident)

I wasn't just thinking of the claim I was thinking about making sure this drone is taught a huge and costly lesson, if they do jail time, I bet it won't ever happen again.

Quote:

I have a feeling it cost about the same as Geico, Allstate, and Farmers. Have you not seen all of the insurance commercial with the lizard?

I would say that Progressive is the absolute worst when it comes to ad spending although Geico is a close second, and Allstate a distant third.

Point is that they take the money they should be using to pay out legit claims and throwing away on redundant advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back