Driving WALL of SHAME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After spending 9 years in the Chicagoland area now I realize that people drive like idiots here because they know there will be no consequences for doing so. The cops here never ticket anyone for speeding, tailgating, aggressive driving, using a cell phone, etc, so people drive like absolute a-holes. In fact, the only time I ever see cops around here is when there's an accident, or they're on their way to the donut shop...you think I'm kidding, but I'm dead serious! There is no enforcement of traffic laws here whatsoever!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi
After spending 9 years in the Chicagoland area now I realize that people drive like idiots here because they know there will be no consequences for doing so. The cops here never ticket anyone for speeding, tailgating, aggressive driving, using a cell phone, etc, so people drive like absolute a-holes. In fact, the only time I ever see cops around here is when there's an accident, or they're on their way to the donut shop...you think I'm kidding, but I'm dead serious! There is no enforcement of traffic laws here whatsoever!

did you let our BITOGers know about the "cut on the right on the shoulder/right run lane" Chicago style?
it is legal in MA, but not in IL/Chicagoland...
P.S. i saw people pulled either on chicago streets or state highways for that. but they are still a lot doing it.

today's report:
-people that go over white continuous lane
-people that drive on the shoulder...what give them this right?

I see a lot of people who have their wipers on max. speed LONG after it has stopped raining completely.
(Doesn't really bother me, but... WHY ???!!!)

People not having headlights on when it's fully dark.

Last edited:
Driving when it's raining so hard you can barely see in front of the car with no headlights on, snow too.

I have an incident to add...nothing really out of the ordinary, but man it was aggravating.

Driving home I was on a four lane road...two lanes each direction. I pull up to a red light in the right lane behind a Mercedes C300. In the left lane was a Camry. I notice at the light that the driver of the C300 is lounging around in the front seat. Arm draped over head, leaning every which way. Light turns green and the Mercedes takes off at an absolute crawl. Like an idling through the intersection crawl. I am pretty sure he just took his foot off the brake and putting it on the gas pedal required too much effort. The Camry also takes off at a crawl, but a slightly faster one, so I change lanes and get behind the Camry. At this point, the C300 driver begins to emerge from their coma and notices that I am trying to get in front of them, so they pull up along side me to block me from getting in front of them (Camry is still in front of me). We approach the next light, which turns to yellow, and both the C300 driver and Camry driver hesitate...cannot compute yellow light while drifting in and out of a coma. At the very last second, both the C300 and Camry bolt through the light as it turns red, leaving me and the line of cars behind them stuck at the light.

Very aggravating. If you are drifting in and out of conciousness, please keep right and allow concious drivers to continue on their way.

One of the things that really irks me is drivers racing for a red light.
I'm not going to race them and if they don't like it they can just go around me.
It's especially funny when someone thinks they're going to accelerate around me but can't work the time/speed/distance problem out in their little head and end up having to brake really hard in the lane they started out in. Meanwhile, the light turns green, I select a lower gear and go on my way never having touched the brakes.
Take your foot off and coast!
Take advatage of the deceleration fuel shutoff.
These are the same people who can't seem to get good fuel mileage out of their cars and complain of needing frequent brake work and tire replacement.
Well, duh!

What kills me are those people that swing wide left to make a right turn, sometimes even into the next lane. They don't have long trailer, the road is dry, they aren't going fast, and there's plenty of room in the lane they're in.

They must have learned how to drive from cartoons, since that's the only other place I see that done.

The highway by us is under road construction. Right after an intersection, it turns into a one lane road because they are working on a bridge. A lady was driving in the center of the road to keep people from passing her and getting in front of the line of semis and cars. I tried passing her to take a left turn and avoid the chaos. She swerved over and flipped me off. I just got into the grassy median and crept on by.

I mainly use my horn for honking at friends, but it was put to use that day..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
The highway by us is under road construction. Right after an intersection, it turns into a one lane road because they are working on a bridge. A lady was driving in the center of the road to keep people from passing her and getting in front of the line of semis and cars. I tried passing her to take a left turn and avoid the chaos. She swerved over and flipped me off. I just got into the grassy median and crept on by.

I mainly use my horn for honking at friends, but it was put to use that day..

My pet peeve. To see a mile or more or a two lane with one lane empty before the merge. And semis blocking anyone from using it.

today's report:
-people running without lights in a rainy,cloudy, really busy highway. enjoy becoming windshield splat (lots of trucks around too)
-people running with modified lights that come really close to your back bumper that you need to pull out the sunglasses... (in the same mentioned rainy really cloudy commute)
-people just cutting it trough the shoulder/emergency lane in front of everybody. whata @@!#@ lots of self censored stuff> give you the right to do that? you are not emergency vehicle, no flashing blue lights so? you me and everybody around us have to get some place! What makes you special?

If your exit is coming up and if you are in the wrong lane, change the lane first before jamming on your brakes!

Once you enter the highway, you don't really need to change 3 lanes to immediately get in to left hand lane.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
this morning:
lady in mitsu outlander nearly got my left side. phewwwwwww! good reflexes and a red car..
12 minutes after...
guy in subaru wagon, almost nails the same left side. he was doing lefty/righty all over 4 lanes of traffic.
5 minutes after...
i'm behind the same subaru guy and..... he almost nails a work van in the same left side...

...must be something about Chicago traffic (you go nowhere fast) and they must've heard using signals is optional at traffic school.

P.S. moderators, please make this a sticky. we need to blow some steam (in a civilized manner)

IL drivers, and more specifically, Chicago drivers are the worst I've encountered anywhere in the country...they all speed, tailgate, think they have to get in front of every other vehicle on the road, they're always on their dam* cell phones, and none of them give a dam* about anyone but themselves...I can actually understand why some people carry weapons in their vehicles! Worst drivers in the country!

More stupid things I see drivers do in the Chicagoland area...people trying to pull out of a parking lot onto a very busy 4 lane street and trying to turn left...why they don't just turn right out of the parking lot and then catch a left at the next traffic signal I'll never know...they'd rather create a massive traffic situation by holding everybody up I guess...another thing people constantly do is stop with their entire vehicle past the white line at traffic signals, so their vehicle is basically stopped in the intersection...maybe they don't realize they're supposed to stop BEHIND the white line? Also, the tailgating and cell phoning around here is completely out of control...almost everybody does both and LE does absolutely nothing about it...

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
LE are too busy using their phone or on their computer.

hehehe,
last week, they where 12 (twelve) state police cars nailing drivers at a junction known for speeding....

Originally Posted By: grampi
More stupid things I see drivers do in the Chicagoland area...people trying to pull out of a parking lot onto a very busy 4 lane street and trying to turn left...why they don't just turn right out of the parking lot and then catch a left at the next traffic signal I'll never know...they'd rather create a massive traffic situation by holding everybody up I guess

small correction:
they do this to traffic coming on 3-4 lanes at 45-50 MPH.
usually results in a lots of people standing on theyr brakes and trying not to become windshield splat on some construction truck/semi.
then they continue completely oblivious to what they produced... Who? Me?

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: SHOZ
LE are too busy using their phone or on their computer.

hehehe,
last week, they where 12 (twelve) state police cars nailing drivers at a junction known for speeding....

Cop on Laptop Runs Red Light and Smashes into Other Cop, No Tickets Issued

10551906_10203380470865365_1816465221_n.jpg

Quote:
This week at an intersection in Syracuse, New York, two police cars collided when an officer in one of the cars ran a red light. The officer who was driving the vehicle that ran the light was actually distracted because he was using a laptop computer in his car.

It was reported that 35 year old Officer Robert Harrington ran the light at the intersection of East Water and South Townsend streets, colliding with an unmarked police car that contained 51-year-old Detective Edward MacBlane.

Tickets were not issued to anyone involved in the incident, but if it was not a police officer who was responsible for this collision, then there would have easily been a number of fines and tickets, if not an arrest.

Thanks for the laugh.
I think they had a case here in IL, when a detective stopped governor's car because it was speeding...

That reminds me of a couple of years ago when the Wayne County Executive (yeah, at least some of the counties in Michigan have what amounts to a mayor of the county) was riding in the back seat of his car with his police officer chauffeur. They were apparently going way over the speed limit and crashed into another car... no one involved in the crash was wearing a seat belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back