Making the switch to Fram/Napa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

Motorking posted the holding capacity of the WIX XP...

Thanks for the update, but apparently you need to go back and thoroughly re-read the 'complete' discussion/exchange from my first reply in this thread. I'm well aware of who originally posted the XP holding capacity. I agreed with Dave asking for a citing.

Again if it's not published, it falls in the category of hearsay, imo. You are entitled to your opinion regarding it's authenticity and authoritativeness outside of that, I don't have to agree though. Afaik that is still well within forum rules and guidelines.

Have to say though not surprised it was you that chimed in support seeing as your extreme proclivity in the promotion of one specific brand and/or one filter on this board.

What's not to "promote" about the FU? I mean really, can you find a better filter for the money? I like high performance, quality and reliability ... doesn't matter what brand name it is.

Yes I strongly support the Fram Ultra for what they are and I frequent the forums daily and my first stop is the filter subforum after the PCMO section.

I used to use other filters, such as PureOnes, Motorcrafts, K&N and i even have a Wix for my Buick in my stash, but for various reasons i find myself back at the Ultras.

The K&N are no longer made in America and lost efficiency, the PureOnes are tearing the media, and i would still buy the Motorcrafts but my Taurus doesn't get many miles since its a backup beater so the next FU i put on should last the life of the vehicle. (My Taurus has a MC Fl400s on it now.)

With the small stash of Tough Guard and Ultras i have for my Buick, it will also probably outlast my vehicle.

I don't have any problem promoting Wix filters either, i respect the 95% efficiency @ 20 microns and the robust contruction plus the made in USA factor, which is why i have one in my stash.

The Fram Ultras just plain hold up to lots of mileage and don't tear with the high efficiency and capacity to boot. I have yet to see a spin on fram ultra that was cut open with waves or issues with the media like we see with Purolators, Ecores, or other cellulose filters.

Sorry to go off topic here in your thread OP!

Buy the Fram Ultra!! That way there's more NAPA Platinums on the shelf for me.
laugh.gif

I don't want to be part of the Tearolator Club anymore, so I've defected to the Fram Ultra, and just have to say ... "FU all the way!".
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Buy the Fram Ultra!! That way there's more NAPA Platinums on the shelf for me.
laugh.gif

No self-respecting store owner would stock Platinums anyway. You can only get those from guys in trench coats on the street corner.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Originally Posted By: SilverC6
FRAMboys....Geez, get a room OCOLove
20.gif

lol.gif
It's a Fram Bromance.
Thats Framancing the Stone, if the stone were 20 microns or greater.

Originally Posted By: route66mike
No self-respecting store owner would stock Platinums anyway. You can only get those from guys in trench coats on the street corner.

Man I'm sure glad you guys think that. I can go and pick up a Platinum anytime I want. The Fram Ultras are always out of stock.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
The Fram Ultras are always out of stock.

Humm, I wonder why?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Too expensive to inventory?????

I'm thinking a hot seller, and a filter that is routinely swapped out and put in a cheaper filter's box before taking to the checkout register at Walmart.

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418
So... you expect to see a locked glass case at one end of the filter aisle for the Fram UGs, akin to the case for the cognac and high-end tequilas in the liquor aisle?

LOL!!
lol.gif

Or equal to 20 microns, same thing, right Z06?

Originally Posted By: zrxkawboy

Or equal to 20 microns, same thing, right Z06?

Basically right for all practical purposes ... do I have to explain this again?
grin.gif

If a filter is xx% @ 20 microns, then it's also xx% at 20 microns or greater because no filter in the world becomes less efficient as particle size increases.

If it's "xx% for particles > 20", then that "technically" includes particles that are 20.001 microns and greater, so for all practical purposes in these discussions is basically equivalent to "@ 20 microns and greater".

Yes, Fram should change their statement to read:
"99% efficient at 20 microns and greater" so people don't get all confused on what they are trying to say.

Google search "Beta Ratio" and "filter multi-pass efficiency testing", and do some reading up on what that exactly means. Then you will understand what I've been trying to covey on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back