Need a Carfax Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dealer told me no Carfax or Autocheck was available, they don't subscribe. I am
seeing a Red Flag. The vin is 1G6DP577270109005. I will send you a check. Thank you

Originally Posted By: bobbob
Dealer told me no Carfax or Autocheck was available, they don't subscribe. I am
seeing a Red Flag. The vin is 1G6DP577270109005. I will send you a check. Thank you

buy nothing from them.

if they aren't willing to fork over $20 to carfax to sell a car, what else aren't they doing?

if their margins are so slim they can't eat $20, they don't really belong in the car game.

my sister bought her caravan from a little Mom &Pop dealer here in town, who didn't have a carfax subscription, but when they said "show me the carfax" the guy was more than willing to order the report just as part of doing business.

also he had been sitting on said van for nearly 2 months.

Not surprised, I have worked for many dealers and it amazes me how crooked they all are. Worked for both big name dealers and mom & pop places. It's really sad. On the other hand you would be amazed at how stupid some people are and what kind of [censored] they will actually believe and go for it anyway. Sounds like you need to walk away from this one.

Originally Posted By: 71Chevyguy
Not surprised, I have worked for many dealers and it amazes me how crooked they all are. Worked for both big name dealers and mom & pop places. It's really sad. On the other hand you would be amazed at how stupid some people are and what kind of [censored] they will actually believe and go for it anyway. Sounds like you need to walk away from this one.

Don't walk, RUN.

Originally Posted By: 71Chevyguy
On the other hand you would be amazed at how stupid some people are and what kind of [censored] they will actually believe and go for it anyway.

When idiots finance cars, the surprise of the branded title is years away.
laugh.gif

In my state I can just demand to see the title. Dealer must show me. To me, at least, it's surprising how many are repossessed (with clean title.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back