Valvoline 75w140 or mobil 1 75w140

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need change my rear diff gear oil on my 05 expedition . The manual say 75w140 , valvoline is 13 dollar and mobil 1 is 20 dollar.

I drive 90% in town 10miles each way, no towing or hauling anything. Will either of these oil will be fine for 5 year gear oil change ?

Last edited:
Both good choices...I would let my wallet do the choosing....

And welcome back, it's been a while!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
thanks, I think I would go for the valvoline they do make good stuff.
yup.... I just did mine on the Explorer on Friday with Supertech 75-140 syn and 4oz of friction modifier from O'reilly's. Driven ~140 miles since and so far so good. Even feels smoother!

Originally Posted By: lugNutz
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
thanks, I think I would go for the valvoline they do make good stuff.
yup.... I just did mine on the Explorer on Friday with Supertech 75-140 syn and 4oz of friction modifier from O'reilly's. Driven ~140 miles since and so far so good. Even feels smoother!

lol I bet its better then what ever gear oil that drain out, how long is your OCI on your rear diff ?

Depending on where you buy it, the SynPower is not much more per quart (maybe $2.00) than the Super Tech, so that is what I would choose between those two,
wink.gif

I remember reading somewhere that the Valvoline gear oil beat M1 in a test that simulated "real world" driving. I'll try to locate that info.

Either way both will exceed your needs. I'd definitely pass on the M1 and go buy a six pack with the money saved. It would make the change more pleasant.
cheers3.gif

I recommend valvoline, I have used it in all my vehicles and it works perfect. I'm also not a fan of Mobil 1, it's overpriced. I would also consider Supertech 75w-140 synthetic

Last edited:
this is my local auto zone price

Valvoline/Full synthetic gear oil SAE 75W-140 32 oz. $12.99
Mobil/Synthetic gear oil SAE 75W-140 1 qt $19.99

I pick valvoline for the price, truck feel the same, but I feel good cause I know the rear end have new fluid.

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
I recommend valvoline, I have used it in all my vehicles and it works perfect. I'm also not a fan of Mobil 1, it's overpriced. I would also consider Supertech 75w-140 synthetic

Only best price for Mobil 1 gear oil is 75w90 weight is $8.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back