42.4 MPG on I 70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran my 12' Accent 1.6 GDi 200 miles tonight and averaged this awesome mpg. I contribute this to PUP GTL 5W30/LM Mos2, non alcohol 87 octane and Injen Intake w/ drycharger. Speeds on KS Turnpike were between 60mph and 85mph. I'm quite happy. Wish I had dosed si1 in fuel tank prior. I think the cooler outside temps helped.

Unless you constantly get the same gas mileage in those same conditions, your calculations won't be as accurate, need more experimental data, high school science even teaches that, maybe even mid school (if I remember correctly)

That is a good run, 200 miles is no grocery trip.
Is that what the dashboard displayed? You should do hand calculations to see how close the numbers are, my focus overestimates slightly.

Run the AC and drive into the wind that Kansas is so famous for and see what the MPG is. In my Fusion I have seen as much as 5 MPG swings on the same trip.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Run the AC

What is the view on the differences, if any, of running with the AC on and windows up, or AC off but windows down? There have been several posts on this subject in a Subaru forum and, as I recall, the consensus was that the 'down windows' pretty much removed any efficiency advantage of 'no AC'.

meh

I AVERAGE (long term) 42 mpg in my Civic, that has 172k miles and is 14 years old. Highway speeds are 70-75, no babying/hypermiling it for mpg.
1.6L of port injection slowness. oh, and with up to 10% ethanol.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
meh

I AVERAGE (long term) 42 mpg in my Civic, that has 172k miles and is 14 years old. Highway speeds are 70-75, no babying/hypermiling it for mpg.
1.6L of port injection slowness. oh, and with up to 10% ethanol.

+1 LOL
My wife's 01 celica gt is giving her ~37mpg 50%city 50%, with half the city driving being bumper to bumper traffic during rush hour. (No A/C)
I honestly don't see the advantage of that hyundai and what you have done to it.

Especially with the car having a 6 speed auto, direct injection?, 138hp engine.
The 13 year old celica only has a 4 speed auto, 140ish hp and 202k miles..

And in my opinion Celica looks wayyyyy better then Accent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back