AAP deal for Penzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro $2.89 a QT

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use this oil Advanced Auto parts is a running an oil special on full synthetic Penzoil through the end of the month. It is $32.99 + tax for 5 QTs plus a Fram filter. No Fram filters are available for my 2006 GTI so I get filters for my F150.

There is also a $10 rebate on the oil and $2.00 on each filter. So $24 in rebates. maximum of 2 rebates per household. IIRC it comes to you on a Advance Auto Gift Card. I paid $52.90 + tax for 10 QTs of oil and will get back $24. So I ended up paying $2.89 + tax a QT.

Even if you don't use the filters and forget to turn in the rebate, which you can do online, it is still cheaper than Amazon which is running $43 for 6 bottles. My local AAP had over a case on the shelves. Would have bought more if I could have used the rebate more than twice.
smile.gif

Last edited:
With subscribe and save, amazon price is $37/6qt which is cheaper than AAP if you dont want to bother with rebates and filters.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
With subscribe and save, amazon price is $37/6qt which is cheaper than AAP if you dont want to bother with rebates and filters.

Are bottles still leaking?

Originally Posted By: edyvw

Are bottles still leaking?

The bottles I picked up today did not leak.
smile.gif

As for the rebates I can see not wanting to do that but the subscribe and save only saves you that if you have 5 other items. Most people sign up and then cancel. Seems like a push.

If have another car that you can use the filters for the AAP deal is much better deal. At least it was for me. I can use the rebates for car care items, oil for the F150 etc... Just putting info out there which people might benefit from.

Last edited:
If you don't have other Subscribe & Save items, you still save 5% and the shipping is free (and no sales tax).

Im getting 15% off with s&s even though i only have 2 items on my list.

My last pu purchase actually came from autozone - they price matched some crazy pepboys sale and it ended up being $2/qt.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dparm
If you don't have other Subscribe & Save items, you still save 5% and the shipping is free (and no sales tax).

Yeah unfortunately Amazon charges me tax but I do get 2 day shipping with a Prime account.

Also the batch I picked up was made on 05/19/2014 but still appears to have the old label. Anyone know whats up with that. Still shows SM not SN.

Quote:
Im getting 15% off with s&s even though i only have 2 items on my list.

My last pu purchase actually came from autozone - they price matched some crazy pepboys sale and it ended up being $2/qt.

You must be the luckiest man alive.... LOL

Last edited:
I took advantage of this offer to get Castrol Black Edge 0w40. This is going to be great for me, as long as the rebate actually arrives.

I ordered multiple times. None leaked.

Once I ordered 2 bottles were leaking. Several weeks ago I was at AZ< and most of them were leaking.
Do not know what is the deal with them.

I've got an oil change next week at the dealer. This is really tempting to use over M1 0w40. Darn you, OP, for pointing this deal out and making the decision so hard!

Originally Posted By: dparm
I've got an oil change next week at the dealer. This is really tempting to use over M1 0w40. Darn you, OP, for pointing this deal out and making the decision so hard!

Check the local paper in your AAP. Sometimes you get a similar deal with other oil brands.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
I ordered multiple times. None leaked.

Once I ordered 2 bottles were leaking. Several weeks ago I was at AZ< and most of them were leaking.
Do not know what is the deal with them.

SOPUS is probably using nano lubricants (Z-7++?) that are too small for the molecular structure of the polyethylene bottles. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back