Best quality front end parts available these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Nobody's more quality conscious than I am. If Moog was no good, I'd let you guys know it.

I beg to differ.
lol.gif

I'm a fan of Napa's Chassis Parts (their "NCP" parts), especially for Ford TTB suspensions. I just completely rebuilt my Bronco's front suspension with Napa NCP parts.

Moog is not the rock solid choice it once was. They are no more reliable than Raybestos Pro line is, so I shop those on price now.

+1 for DEEZA, high quality parts at a good price.

( Made in Turkey, Belgium or Italy. German engineered and made on German machinery, or so I read. Please Google it yourself for confirmation).

Last edited:
I bought both Moog and TRW branded suspension parts from Rock Auto for my 89 Accord. The cheap knock-offs are worthless unless you enjoy a two-year lifespan on a part that should last a decade. I have direct experience with that.

Inside the Moog or TRW packaging were parts stamped with "555" (three-five), the OEM for Honda's suspension parts.

I have not yet gotten anything bad from Moog.

This threads about as mixed as everything else I've read when I google searched it a week ago.

I've read good and bad reports on MOOG. Maybe the bads are from the imported product. Who knows. Seems like Deeza has a good name. I've not seen them at most of the places I shop. I'll have to watch for that. If I can't find them, I'll probably go with MOOG and hope for the best.

Sankei 555 is OEM for most Toyota suspension parts as well as Honda, and the quality is extremely good. I had a 555 control arm and a Taiwanese Beck Arnley on my Honda, and while the BA joint was bad in about 18 months the 555 joint was still tight.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Deeza's parts are good quality.

Sankei 555 is also good.

Mevotech is known for cheap offshore suspension parts, but a couple of years ago they came out with a line of heavy duty ball joints for Ford and Dodge trucks. They use better materials and are designed for fleet service. Mevotech sells them under their TTX line and I think they're doing this with another suspension company whose name I can't remember.

http://ttxterraintough.com/

Last edited:
Just a FYI:

Federal-Mogul(Moog's owner) purchased Affinia Group Chassis earlier this spring. Affinia Group manufactures the Raybestos brand chassis parts & Napa's premium line. According to the word around work the products will be the same in the near future.

Dave

Originally Posted By: bmod305
Just a FYI:

Federal-Mogul(Moog's owner) purchased Affinia Group Chassis earlier this spring. Affinia Group manufactures the Raybestos brand chassis parts & Napa's premium line. According to the word around work the products will be the same in the near future.

Dave

I can't believe I hadn't heard about this until now.

Here's a story from January when the deal was announced:
http://americanmachinist.com/news/federal-mogul-adding-chassis-parts-business

Here's more info from May when the deal was completed:
http://investor.federalmogul.com/phoenix...t=#.U7wezrHB3AM

Originally Posted By: 777funk
Ball Joints, Tie Rods, etc. Who makes the good stuff?

Seems like I've heard mixed reviews of the brands I've thought would be considered best. i.e. only 15k out of a set of USA made ball joints.

Best quality is still usually OEM, and one pays accordingly.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Sankei 555 is OEM for most Toyota suspension parts as well as Honda, and the quality is extremely good. I had a 555 control arm and a Taiwanese Beck Arnley on my Honda, and while the BA joint was bad in about 18 months the 555 joint was still tight.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Deeza's parts are good quality.

Sankei 555 is also good.

What I said earlier was 100% correct. I ordered Moog brand front upper control arms and TRW branded rear upper controls arms for my 89 Accord from Rock Auto and all of them were actually made by 555.

Just a FYI:

Dave

They also own Spicer which many of the Raybestos Pro parts are. They were always a notch up on Moog but more expensive.

I hope they don't start offshore sourcing Raybestos Pro stuff.
If they do its OEM only or Deeza for me, no big deal except the Deeza catalog for domestics is a bit thin at the moment.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Just a FYI:

Dave

They also own Spicer which many of the Raybestos Pro parts are. They were always a notch up on Moog but more expensive.

I hope they don't start offshore sourcing Raybestos Pro stuff.
If they do its OEM only or Deeza for me, no big deal except the Deeza catalog for domestics is a bit thin at the moment.

I sometimes would end up with Raybestos Pro parts from Taiwan. The last time I did, they were for mom's 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. They are holding up well, but it still bothers me that they got made in Taiwan.

You can't count on MOOG to always be made in the USA, either. When I replaced the upper strut mounts on dad's 2007 Pontiac G6, they were made in Turkey.

And just because you have a car that was made in the USA, or has an American name on it does not mean that the OEM parts or dealer parts come from the USA.

Is buying OEM always an advantage? It seems I deal with way too many cheaply made sway bar links failing before their time, OEM or aftermarket. Also, what do you do when the OEM part is flawed, and nobody upgrades it? I feel if an OEM part lasts less than 80,000 miles, I am not buying the same thing if I can avoid it.

It seems hit or miss with quality and country of origin with parts I buy as well.

Anyway, I just try to find parts made in a country with a high standard of living. It really disgusts me how some companies make things in certain countries so they don't have to protect the environment or the laborers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back