Women drivers kill me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, honestly, not all of them -- but this one in particular.

Sitting in my car while my daughter slept in her car seat, I watched this woman park her black Toyota next to the Camry. I saw her wonderful park job, so I snapped a pic while laughing. She got out, walked around the front, inspected her parking ability, looked around to see if anyone was looking, then walked away for her day of shopping. Now the Camry didn't do a much better job, but only 1 tire is ON the line, not over it..... Gotta love it!

79CD2596-D904-4CB5-AB37-E22E9BFE503C_zpswumcgvw2.jpg

.... and we wonder why we have so many door dings!!

LOL, I saw something similar yesterday at home depot. But both cars parked like the RAV4. One was a commercial van, the other a caravan.

I have done similar but not as bad if going into grocery quickly but typically the adjacent car pushes me over. Stupid Acura MDX is wide.

I try to park in the north (south) forty, walk a little farther, and hopefully avoid door dings. What gets me is how a driver will try to get the nearest to the store entrance parking spot and then block others in the lot aisle while waiting for another car to load and leave.

Or cruise every aisle looking for the nearest spot instead of just going to the outer areas where there are often many empty spots.

Often the "overweights" are the guilty party.

Last edited:
My MIL is always complaining about door dings. Her 2000 Avalon before she traded it in had at least 10 nice dings on each side.

I wonder why? She will squeeze into the tightest parking spots that she has circled the parking lot for 30 minutes trying to find.

I park away from all of the idiots and never get 1 ding. Go figure.

Nice.
But, what's with the driving diagonally (to your preferred spot) in parking lots at 30mph across all lanes and markings? Then theres the trajedy called commuting that >30% of the population does poorly ON THE ROADWAY. Terrible.

I saw this at a local restaurant a few weeks ago:

20140701_190111_resized_zps61525750.jpg

Both of these drivers were not there at the time I had pulled in, and I saw them when I got out to go to my car. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the professionals that parked these, but the mirrors were actually overlapping.

When I see people that park like [censored] I try my absolute hardest to inconvenience them, I park as close as humanly possible to them

It's amazing to me that people with such tiny vehicles can't fit into a 10 or 12' wide space!

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

Both of these drivers were not there at the time I had pulled in, and I saw them when I got out to go to my car. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the professionals that parked these, but the mirrors were actually overlapping.

The only fool I see there is the Ford Van driver. I've had to do just that when the Hotel lot was full and some drip parked like that Ford.

On my last Hawaii trip I was boxed in on both sides by idiots like the Ford van driver. I was on the top floor of the Hilton parking structure. I park there to stay away from these fools. I was pretty well centered between the lines and there were at least 20 open spaces. The Hotel has a prominently posted sign that says they will tow anyone parked as that Ford van. I was driving a car not a van or SUV so I couldn't enter the car anyway and go to work (I work nights). I called up Hotel security and they promptly towed and impounded the illiterate offenders and I went to work.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyNightstick

The only fool I see there is the Ford Van driver. I've had to do just that when the Hotel lot was full and some drip parked like that Ford.

On my last Hawaii trip I was boxed in on both sides by idiots like the Ford van driver. I was on the top floor of the Hilton parking structure. I park there to stay away from these fools. I was pretty well centered between the lines and there were at least 20 open spaces. The Hotel has a prominently posted sign that says they will tow anyone parked as that Ford van. I was driving a car not a van or SUV so I couldn't enter the car anyway and go to work (I work nights). I called up Hotel security and they promptly towed and impounded the illiterate offenders and I went to work.

Interestingly, the mirrors were overlapped in a way that you can tell that the Pontiac pulled in after the Ford... perhaps he did it to spite the Ford for parking over the line? There were plenty of other open spots. I hate when people park poorly, but I wouldn't want to do that when the other person can just as easily get in through the passenger seat and proceed to slam their door into yours for blocking them out.

That's funny about the other two drivers getting towed! I love seeing speeders that fly by me (when I'm going the speed limit or just a hair over) like I'm standing still get pulled over down the road. Sweet revenge.
19.gif

A few years ago, I brought my father to a doctors appointment and was waiting in the truck.

I was parked perfectly centered in the parking spot.

A lady comes long with a ford ranger and parked super close. Her mirror was probably 3'' from the side of the truck. Door , maybe 7''.

So, I'm sitting in the truck and watch this lady park inches from the passenger side of the pickup.

Then I hear a thud.

"Ha, she just hit her door into the truck ... well she'll be moving" I thought to myself.

Then I hear a louder thud.

Then I feel a thud.

This lady, who parked 6'' away from me, was opening her door harder and harder into the truck. Not sure what she was accomplishing. Ended up doing it a handful of times.

I ended up yelling to her that this was a 7,000 pound truck and she wasn't going to move it by pushing her door into it.

She moved to a different spot.

When people park like that Ford van, I park right up close to them just like that Pontiac van, but as I walk away I take a picture of their park job and get their license plate, just incase they decide to cave my door in.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
When people park like that Ford van, I park right up close to them just like that Pontiac van, but as I walk away I take a picture of their park job and get their license plate, just incase they decide to cave my door in.

Good luck using that as evidence in court. There could have been multiple cars that parked next to you and banged your door after the first car left.

It's not worth the hassle. When you see a badly parked vehicle, you stay as far away from it as possible. Same goes for erratically driving cars on the road - you don't want to be anywhere near them. Prevention is usually better than treatment.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Good luck using that as evidence in court. There could have been multiple cars that parked next to you and banged your door after the first car left.

It's not worth the hassle. When you see a badly parked vehicle, you stay as far away from it as possible. Same goes for erratically driving cars on the road - you don't want to be anywhere near them. Prevention is usually better than treatment.

Good point, but then again, I drive an old Camry. I'm not worried about dents or scratches much.

My female neighbor, slams her '13 Tacoma in gear a few milliseconds after the engine catches, when it is up around 2000 rpm. Every time, and I cringe every time.

It is not as if she starts driving instantly either. She is not in a rush, it is just how she learned. Start engine, instantly slam it into drive or reverse.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight
My female neighbor, slams her '13 Tacoma in gear a few milliseconds after the engine catches, when it is up around 2000 rpm. Every time, and I cringe every time.

It is not as if she starts driving instantly either. She is not in a rush, it is just how she learned. Start engine, instantly slam it into drive or reverse.

Start up and as soon as engine fires, put it in reverse while it's still idling high to light off the cats.

While it's rolling in reverse, put it in drive ... while still on high idle.

I cringe when I see that stuff.

I mostly park FAR away from such idiots.
Just more evidence of how uncivil and rude we've become. The "heck with you" attitude is thriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back