Is Walmart all you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Engine oil is the ONLY thing I buy from Wal Mart. I avoid the place otherwise. I'm not a big fan of the business.

SSShhhhh! You're in trouble when they own the street you live on and know you said that. Power.

I need:
Walmart for SuperTech oil
NAPA for Platinum oil filters
RockAuto for auto parts
Snap-on, Cornwell, and Proto for tools

I like wal-mart for auto stuff (wm in the USA=million times better & cheaper then Canadian wm). 25$ or less jug of Mobil or Pennz and fram tg for 6$..i cant complain.

My local Wal*Mart needs a manager with a IQ that's something higher than room temperature. Right now, we have one that is dumber than a bag of hammers. And I've told the corporate office this more than once.

Since they need to stick the stupid ones somewhere, I guess that Illinois is as good a place as any.

Originally Posted By: ElastoHydro

How in the Hades do you get that for so cheap?

May of 2013 O'Reilly's had Valvoline NextGen MaxLife 10w40 for $1.99 a quart
They also had $5 of purchases of $5 or more coupons you raffle into on their website
I had tons of accounts and when you do multiple transactions of 3 - $1.99 per quart oil ($5.97 before tax) then take $5 off it makes it .97 per quart.
Chevron Supreme HM was $2.99 each, 2 per transaction was $5.98, minus $5 was .98 each

AutoZone clearances Pennzoil Ultra December 2013 to make room for the new PU and many stores had it clearanced to $1 per quart, other had it at $3 per quart while others didn't even have it on clearance.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I need:
Walmart for SuperTech oil
NAPA for Platinum oil filters
RockAuto for auto parts
Snap-on, Cornwell, and Proto for tools

Slightly off subject. How are Proto tools? Found a nice torque wrench but was wondering about quality compared to other options.

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Slightly off subject. How are Proto tools? Found a nice torque wrench but was wondering about quality compared to other options.

It seems as though each tool brand excels in one or two areas. Proto really excels in sockets - both their chrome sockets and their impact sockets. They're my first choice for impact sockets.

I understand the desire to save a few bucks, and I always get tempted when there's a good deal at Walmart (of course, though, our regular pricing on oil is atrocious in Canadian Walmarts). But, that also comes with a price, including clueless and indifferent staff, filter switcheroos, and jugs of used oil on the shelf with the new, not to mention a bunch of garbage products in general.

Mom and pop stores support my businesses. Heck, I've made good money off of Imperial Oil, Shell, Co-op, Husky, and Petro-Canada. I can't say Walmart's done me a lot of favours over the year, or saved me a significant amount of money.

If Walmart ever displaces the bulk of parts stores locally, I will be buying just about every car part online shortly thereafter. The middleman, that being Walmart staff, can only complicate the matter.

I'm swimming in washer fluid. Still have a cache I got from a supermarket in spring at 75% off... 62 cents a gallon... and I use it as filler to hit Advance's $50 coupon threshold.

All I get from WM are Purolator cartridge filters for ecotecs. No tears. My managers are tight with oil clearance- typically they stick a red label on the shelf with the same price.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: kenpoed
Is Walmart all you need?

Wal-Mart is exactly what I don't need. I haven't stepped foot in one in probably 4 or 5 years now. Even before that I only went there once or twice a year, and each time I walked out I wondered why I went there.

I don't care for their business model, I don't care for their poor quality of service, I don't care for the way they treat employees, and I don't care for the negative impact Wal-Mart has on communities.

I can get groceries at a store with vastly better customer service, vastly better quality, and a business that has a positive impact on the community. I can get auto fluids at the farm store where prices are competitive with Wal-Mart when on sale. What parts I can't get at the local auto parts store I can order online.

Wal-Mart? No thanks.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Is Walmart all you need?

Wal-Mart is exactly what I don't need. I haven't stepped foot in one in probably 4 or 5 years now. Even before that I only went there once or twice a year, and each time I walked out I wondered why I went there.

I don't care for their business model, I don't care for their poor quality of service, I don't care for the way they treat employees, and I don't care for the negative impact Wal-Mart has on communities.

I can get groceries at a store with vastly better customer service, vastly better quality, and a business that has a positive impact on the community. I can get auto fluids at the farm store where prices are competitive with Wal-Mart when on sale. What parts I can't get at the local auto parts store I can order online.

Wal-Mart? No thanks.

thumbsup2.gif
+1 to your post and Garak's.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Is Walmart all you need?

Wal-Mart? No thanks.

thumbsup2.gif
+1 to your post and Garak's.

About the same . I walk in the door closest to the auto section get my oil and I am gone .

It's hard not to shop at Walmart.

Walmart is very convenient.

They keep other retailers in the market on their game too.

I don't care for Walmart's management at all. They are "old school" in the way they deal with both customers and their store personnel. To translate, they don't really care about either.

But that didn't keep me from buying 4 jugs of M1 for $22.66 each last evening.

We don't like setting foot in our Walmart, but it is the only game in town for us. Don't like anything Walmart has ever done for the working man and that is nothing. Employees don't want to be there, and the store always looks like an E5 went through. Agree with post above that Walmart's presence does keep other stores somewhat competitive. No other place in town to purchase a five quart jug of Mobil I or a battery with a three year replacement guarantee.

Meijer also sells 5 quart jugs of oil for the same price as Wal-Mart. It is a much nicer store, nicer employees, cleaner, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back