Tires needed 185.60.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Own a 91 Civic 3dr Hatch Si and need to purchase 4 tires. I was going to initially only purchase 2 tires but now I'm going for all four.

Need a good all season tire. Doesn't rain much in So. California. Do a lot of freeway driving....

I have seen Tire Rack with some good deals on tires that I have never used. The good deals are offset by the delivery charge plus I then have to find a place to install them.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Honda&autoYear=1991&autoModel=Civic+Si+Hatchback&autoModClar=&width=185%2F&ratio=60&diameter=14&sortCode=33850&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=H&minLoadRating=S&tab=All

Current tires are Michellin's but don't mind trying a different tire..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Budget?

Under 325.00 with install

I have gone through 3 sets of Continental contiecocontact in that same size but I think they are discontinued by now.

Others I would recommend are:

Cooper CS4 or CS3
Bridgestone Potenza G3
General Altimax

I only include there the Altimax because they are manufactured by Continental, although I haven't own any, I think the better option are the Cooper.

The ones you should avoid are
Champiro GT Radial
Nanking XR611

I drove the champiro in a rental and they were extremely noisy and without grip

Last edited:
I got Goodyear integrity in that size for $49 ea plus $12 ea for install plus tax at Wal-Mart. It comes in under Ur budget. It's an additional $10 per tire for road hazard waaranty if u want. Most local tire shops (firestone, america s tire, just tires, etc) will work a deal to get Ur business. The integrity is good for so cal all season.

Good thing you don't mind a different tire, because Michelin doesn't make tires in that size anymore
frown.gif

The best choices in your size seem to be the General Altimax RT43 and the Cooper CS3.

DTD's awesome rebates would make them well under $200 even after installation.

You can search for installers in your area on TireRacks website. It'll also show you the price of installation, so you can pick an installer near you that's also got reasonable costs.

The only problem is finding a place to install them for a good price. After that, I have to be paying for rebalancing.

Rebalancing isn't free so I wonder if going to a tire shop to take advantage of free install and lifetime tire balancing and rotation is better..

I will say that my Silverado has Michellin Tires from Costco and I hardly ever take them to get rebalanced..minimum wait, at least 1.5 hours.

Maybe I should just order the tires off of DTD and find a good shop to install them and not worry so much to rebalance later..

Please advise

Originally Posted By: Gito
The only problem is finding a place to install them for a good price. After that, I have to be paying for rebalancing.

Rebalancing isn't free so I wonder if going to a tire shop to take advantage of free install and lifetime tire balancing and rotation is better..

I paid $80 at my local Firestone Complete Auto Care to install my DTD Hankook tires. That came with lifetime rotate and balance. I've used it several times at various locations.

Other chains offer similar services.

I've found if you get them roadforce balanced they rarely need rebalanced unless you lose a weight.

Is there a DT store near you? Because if there is, they do install tires from DTD.

Also, Walmart will install tires purchased elsewhere, for $5 more than their regular rate. $9 for balance, $3 for valve stems, and the aforementioned $5 fee. So $17 total per tire. And that price includes lifetime balance and rotation.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn

Is there a DT store near you? Because if there is, they do install tires from DTD.

Also, Walmart will install tires purchased elsewhere, for $5 more than their regular rate. $9 for balance, $3 for valve stems, and the aforementioned $5 fee. So $17 total per tire. And that price includes lifetime balance and rotation.

Should I skip on the valve stems that are offered by DTD?

Americas Tire (DTD) stated that they would install them for 16 dollars each but made it clear that they cannot track my online purchase and will have no record of it so they cannot provide the warranty for the tire or the balancing and rotation for free.

I would have to pay for the install, balancing, rotation etc and that would be covered by the 16 dollars mentioned, separate deal..any problems with the tire would require me to deal with the online folks..found it strange..

The sales guy at Americas T did ask for my number and said he would give me a call to see if he could get the tires but I told him that his final price for the tire(Kumho Solus KR21, x4=367.70) with everything, was a little too much..Price with road hazard package($9 per tire) would give me a grand total of 405.00 dollars..doesn't sound like a deal to me..

At DTD, Im looking at 68.00x4=272.00, 8.50x4=34.00 for the Certificate (aka road hazard)= 306.00 -50.00 discount=256.00

256.00 delivered to my door and then worse case scenario get Americas Tire to install;
16.00 x4=64.00 install, plus 9.00x4=36.00 road hazard=100.00

256.00+100=$356.00 grand total vs. $405.00 grand total buying and getting everything else thru Americas Tire.

I know I can go some where else and save more...

I will wait for his call to see whats up

Just go to America's tire and see what they have in stock. Pick your tire of choice and ask them if they can do it for $325 out the door. Y ou may not get the tire of your choice, but the may get u a different tire for Ur budget.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I've found if you get them roadforce balanced they rarely need rebalanced unless you lose a weight.

Do the honda dealers still offer that kind of balancing?..I think they used to do that way back when I bought my car off of them...

Who else does road force balancing?

Originally Posted By: Rand
discount tire direct has shipped to you..

cooper CS3 for 238$ with 100$ in mir = 138$ for 4

General altimax HP for 70x4 -50instant -100 in rebates =130$

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct...alse&cs=185

you have use their credit card.
takes 30s to get approved.. then just pay it off.

Actually a very good deal..so you get an automatic $50 rebate and then there is a Visa rebate and then a double rebate...how exactly does this work.....

I'm close to just getting the ones you are recommending

Don't get the valve stems online. It's an add on and 1000% markup. Yes, they really only cost 20 cents.

They have them in a big bin in whatever shop you use to mount them, and the tech will mindlessly give you a new one of theirs anyway.

Get in on the DTD mail order deal, then think about your next step once you have the tires in hand.

Do you need an all season if you are in a part of California where it doesn't snow and rarely rains?

If they still make the Lifeliner GLS in your size - I'd get them! They are pretty cheap but I am impressed with them. Hit some pretty big puddles yesterday and no hydroplaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back