Any feedback on Screaming Eagle ST Spark Plugs ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I spend the money, I would hope to get some feedback from anyone that ever used the Screaming Eagle ST Performance Stock Compression Spark Plug. My 08 Road King Classic is soon due for a spark plug change with 14,567 miles on it as of after the weekend. I have the twin cam 96 motor that is stock except Rinehart Mufflers. These plugs are 20 bucks a pair or 10 a piece and I will be needing 4 of them. Any and "all" feedback would be appreciated on this topic!! Thank you, and have a nice day. Ken

The rest of your ignition is stock. I see these are double platinum plugs versus regular plugs.

Honestly you will get longer life out of them, but last I heard the Harley plugs are just rebranded Champion plugs. Id look at some champion plugs and see what they offer. I know I put a set of NGK Iridiums in my bike to replace the standard plugs.

The guys on the Vtwin forum.com are having a lively discussion about what plugs to use in they're injected ecm Harleys. Most say to stay away from the iridium plugs because they produce ecm codes. Some haven't had any problems. IDK. Most seem to agree that good quality Champion, NGK and Autolite are just fine. My old evo runs fine with the champions.

Too much money for a double plat. Fine wire Ir are the biggest advancement in plugs the past decade, but if the ignition on the engine is a waste spark coil setup, they wont fire well on the "reverse ionization" plug. They will work great for COP or single coil or dist as long as the insulator dim, reach, and heatrange are compatible. I find over-extended tips can run inconsistently and "nervous" due to poor heat dissipation and other factors.

I have used them in the past , but with unleaded gas they are a waste . Took a set of the regular plugs out of my 03 superglide with 25000 on them. They were fine , but changed them out anyhow . You could buy three set of them ,for the cost of the SE plugs.
Jake

Actually I will only need two --- not four of them. So its a flip of a coin than it sounds between Champions or NGK besides Stock HD plugs?

Went with the NGKs this morning. So far soo good!!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back