Motorcycle dealer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baltimore Honda Dealer is offering a new one for $4299 OTD with warranty... either buy this one or use it to leverage against the FIRM dealer... I think MSRP is $4199... dealer tips... have cash and shop towards the end of the month when the Sales Manager takes inventory and the owner puts the pressure on to move bikes...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CBR-Brand-...=US_motorcycles

Last edited:
Indeed. Last three days of the month are the time to buy. When I was selling new Fords that was when the sales managers were riding our butts hard. If we did not have a customer or were on the phone with one we had to be walking the showroom or out on the lot.

As others say, examine the added charges closely. Tax, of course. Title & licensing, ditto, but...don't pay them anything to do the paperwork. In my state the state law says that a document fee up to $150 is negotiable...the word negotiable is written in the law. That is part of their overhead cost. Set up--maybe an hour, and ought to be overhead, but they all charge. The bikes usually come almost completely ready to go. What else did they charge for?

Usually a cash sale is not good for the dealer. They prefer a kickback when they can put a buyer into an excessively high finance rate. Don't tell them you'll pay cash until the price is set.

Out-the-door pricing means nothing to anyone in another state (or even other cities). Your license fee and tax mean nothing to the rest of us. Stick with price tag and added charges like doc fee and set up.

I found a new scam when I bought my latest car. I negotiated a good price (Consumer Reports version of Truecar), took all the factory deals and incentives, and we arrived at a good price. At least this time they didn't print a magically higher price on the contract (I've seen that before). Where they cheated me was by charging sales tax on the full sticker price, then deducting the discounts we'd agreed on. In my state a cash-option incentive is taxable, but anything else that lowers the price also lowers the tax--from an honest dealer (if there is one). Unfortunately, they printed the tax amount without separating the tax rate and various discounts, and I didn't notice while there, so I was stuck. They'll send the correct amount of sales tax to the state and pocket the overcharge.

Quote:
Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
God bless all current and former police officers.
Really? Even the members of the SWAT team in Georgia who were looking for a suspected small time meth dealer who'd been previously kicked out of that house, they conducted a no-knock raid, walked past kids' toys in the yard, and threw (contrary to their training) a flash-bang grenade into the house where it landed in crib with a 2 year old and exploded--he may not die. Or the California Highway Patrolman filmed viciously slugging a woman because she walked away from him? Or the team in Albuquerque who shot and killed an unarmed man, standing alone, who didn't immediately obey them?

The ebay add says they will add:

Quote:
There also is a $100 Honda (required) Documentation fee that is on top of the purchase price.

If you are a Maryland buyer, you will have to pay the standard MVA fees, taxes, and titling fees associated with new vehicle purchases.

So that isn't an OTD price.

Also the Repsol bike cost more than the standard 250R and is not available with ABS. (It is only $100.00 less MSRP than an ABS250R)

You can name the few "bad" things that are done, but without police, our community would be shot. The CHP officer was in the right by taking her down to avoid her getting into traffic, but unfortunately emotions may have run high when she hit him.

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
You can name the few "bad" things that are done, but without police, our community would be shot. The CHP officer was in the right by taking her down to avoid her getting into traffic, but unfortunately emotions may have run high when she hit him.

Say what? Are you sure you're in the right thread?
smile.gif

Experienced riders may go up and down on the cc scale depending on their need, but just because the Kaw is a little more expensive, you may be getting a better bike too.

I haven't read all the data between the two, but depending fit and comfort, and disregarding price, which isn't a lot if the bike gets ridden. Me personally, if I was going to buy the cbr250, ninga 250 or 300. Id really start with ruling out the 300.

Fuel mileage, Highway riding, fit and comfort, would be some of the catagories, depending on the need. On the interstate Id say the Ninga would be better equipped motor wise, in town 55 mph and below the cbr might be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back