Eight years....can't complain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...the battery in my 06 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic gave up the ghost today. It's the stock battery that had been run down completely about three years ago.

I counted my blessings in that I rode the bike up to the school yesterday so my wife could practice her skills and it turned over slow a couple of times then. My step son rode it up and down the road today and when I got ready to stow it away, she just clicked. Just that quick the battery called it quits. But after 8 years, I can't gripe about it.

So.....how many years are you folks getting out of your batteries.....as a rule.

Still on my original car battery on my Corolla. Dont have a bike so I cant say. Were you asking bike batteries or bike or car?

I have a 2000 Panasonic in the Pick up and a 2007 $9 Walmart Energizer Lawnmower battery in the Triumph.

No reason to change them.

01 GS500 running an 8 year old Walmart gel cell battery. I never put it on a tender over the winter with no problem, but had trouble starting after sitting a month, so I put it on a tender now.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Still on my original car battery on my Corolla. Dont have a bike so I cant say. Were you asking bike batteries or bike or car?

Considering that it is posted in the *motorcyle* forum....

Can't tell since I haven't owned any bike that long yet, but in general, if I get 5-6 years, I'll be happy. Those OEM BMW AGM batteries aren't cheap either.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
01 GS500 running an 8 year old Walmart gel cell battery. I never put it on a tender over the winter with no problem, but had trouble starting after sitting a month, so I put it on a tender now.
....GS500 you say, I assume you've seen this?

I got about 4-5 years out of various OPE/ATV and Bike small batteries.
5-7 years for OEM Car batteries

If you're in the market for a new battery the smart money
is on the new light weight Lithium Iron battery like Shorai... not
only is it 5 pounds lighter but doesn't require trickle charging and will
not sulfate... I also recommend Shorai's balance charger because it as
two modes one for storage and one for charging...

http://www.shoraipower.com

Shorai Balance Charger...

post-3131-0-84812000-1368423460.jpg

RC45 Standard Recommendation LFX14A4-BS12
ShoraiRC45Mod1_zps83497e47.jpg

ShoraiRC45Mod2_zpsfdff84a2.jpg

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Originally Posted By: EdwardC
....GS500 you say, I assume you've seen this?

I got about 4-5 years out of various OPE/ATV and Bike small batteries.
5-7 years for OEM Car batteries

Hahaha, I hadn't seen that, but its all true!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back