Gumout Multi-System TUNE-UP....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this stuff actually effective, when used in the gas tank. I am not interested in using it through the vacuum line. Its the product in the bottle that looks similar to Seafoam. Gumout says that it uses PEA in this stuff, so it should be superior to Seafoam. Has anybody used it and had good results? How does it compare to Gumout Regane, and Techron?

Go to the "mechanical/maintenance" forum and read the initial post and questions regarding the new Gumout Multi-System Tune-up. Then post any question you may have after reading through the posts.

And stay tuned to the answers from Gumout. (No pun intended)

I believe the product is too new for anyone to have used it over a period of time and mileage such that they could render a factual opinion as to its quality.

Last edited:
They claim it is for use in the oil but here on BITOG there is sheer panic by some when PEA cleaners are used early in the oil change cycle for fear of it getting in the oil.
More questions than answers.

Personally i am not seeing the benefits of the other ingredients like alcohol and pale oil in the fuel, we have 10% ethanol already.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Currently at Advanced Auto with a mail in rebate.

I picked up a bottle yesterday at AAP, they did not charge me for the item plus gave me a form to send in for a $8.99 mail in rebate....so basically I am getting paid to try the item out!

Will give it a go in my outdoor power equipment.

Looks promising.. Gumout fuel products usually get the BITOG thumbs up.

I appreciate how they are more open about want it actually contains.. not just the usual "uses our super top secret million dollar formula"

Well, I bought 4 cans when it was first introduced at AAP. I used a can in all of our engines as a PM ONLY!

I didn't notice any differences but, I wasn't having any issues either! I typicaly us a PEA product as a PM so I don't have to experience these issues to beging with!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back