Quantum Blue 7.5w/27 Subaru BRZ 11,000 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This car is running a aftermarket Vortech Supercharger with 11 psi of boost.

20ub9dk.jpg

Last edited:
Given that it's an unusual oil that you are using, it's going to be hard for people to give advice on the UOA...I can't, and usually don't on them.

However, given your other thread on the appropriate viscosity for your engine, you have to bear in mind that THIS oil is extremely high in additives versus the oils that people are suggesting in the PCMO thread.

I'd be very very hesitant to replace this highly additised oil with another OTC oil of 8 or so cst.

Viscosity is what keeps parts separated, anti-wear adds minimise the wear when viscosity can't keep them separated.

Cjsporl,

Get a VOA so we can see what's in the virgin oil.

IF the phos level is really that extremely high and unreasonable, then this guy doesn't know how to properly formulate a PCMO.

Insolubles are NOT additives falling out of suspension.

Quote:
QuantumBlue reverses the wearing out process and greatly prolongs the life span of all mechanical parts!

Ohhhh, reallllly?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Is the car still burning coolant? Sure the potassium is an additive and not coolant?

This car was burning coolant when I first got the car. I haven't noticed anything that concerns me since I refilled it.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Wow that's a lot of phosphorus! Better hope you don't burn any oil you'll ruin your cat in very short order.

Hopefully he is catless.

OP, have you changed the oil? Are you planning to try a 9,000 mile interval based on the advise of Brian at BND as you claimed in the FT86club thread?

"He also guarantees that his oil will last at least 9000 miles. "

-Dennis

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bluesubie
OP, have you changed the oil? Are you planning to try a 9,000 mile interval based on the advise of Brian at BND as you claimed in the FT86club thread?

"He also guarantees that his oil will last at least 9000 miles. "

-Dennis

We have many members at 300cforums.com who have used this oil for 10,000 mile intervals. It seems to work quite well...

If my Scooby EJ engine rattles and clicks a lot with a 5w30 dexos_1 approved, I'm imagining that would be a little more with a 7w27 weight oil... With M1 15w50 is smooth as silk and the peg and fuel consumption is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back