Motorcycle dealer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went to Pete's Cycles today in Baltimore, looking for a new bike. Found 2 I liked, one was a Honda CBR250R. I only need something that big since I drive a lot more in the city area (under 40mph). Its a new 2013 and obviously hasn't been sold so I saw it on sale for $3,399. When I started talking to them about buying it, they told me the out the door price is $4,600 and they are FIRM. He said with bikes that are on sale they don't go back and forth. Is this true or are they just trying to f%$# me?

Call Ridersville Cycles in Berkeley Springs, WV. Their prices are the best anywhere, and the guy will quote you an out the door price, exc. taxes.

This is too easy.
Tell them you have three grand to spend.
If they do anything other than come up with a reasonable offer, hit the door.
You won't make it to your ride before they beg you to listen to what they can do for you.

Okay. So even on the $3,400 bike before all the taxes, reg, title, etc? Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
Yes. The sales tax is included in their "out the door" price.

How much is vehicle sales tax in MD?

It sure sounds like they're trying to rip you a new one.

They sold it Thursday
frown.gif
Of course that would be my luck

Pete's has that bike on Cycletrader.com for $3400..don't know how the price gets so high "out the door"

From Pete's website:2013 HONDA CBR 250R ABS, HONDA 2013 CBR250R ABS LIST $4699 SALE NOW $3399 3.74% FINANCING AVAILABLE

I would keep shopping.

Last edited:
Very sloppy sales in my opinion. Advertise the bike at $3400, then jack it up to retail..ask them why?

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
6% sales tax for anything including vehicles.

OK, so sales tax is about $200, which means they're tackling on an additional $1,000 for tags, title, and paperwork. That's pretty steep. Keep shopping, or give them your best offer and leave. It's a dealership. Nothing is FIRM, but they'll probably be more willing to deal towards the end of the month.

Typically sales tax, freight, admin fees for titling, at most on 3400, should be no more than around $800 at most out the door. and that's high side estimate. I have a feeling they are also quoting credit life, you don't want that.

Last edited:
Checking CL, you can get a CBR250 a couple years old for $25-2800.

How set are you on a CBR, because I saw plenty of smaller bikes in that area.

Also saw this...for around town, that's a pretty good place to start!
00y0y_hd3lrmPV8tt_600x450.jpg

I had thought of a used one but I have dirt bike experience so I like to think of myself as intermediate. I am not set on a CBR, I looked at ninja's too which I like but a little pricier.

I had the same experience with one dealer in Iowa. They added a 500 dollar "set up" fee onto the sticker price as well as freight, tax, title, and license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back