Oh NO! Not another claim with Progressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, it looks like we have to deal with damage from someone insured with Progressive yet again. Hopefully, it won't turn into the nightmare like it did the last time.

This morning at 1030am, under a clear blue sky, we had a 23 year old driver completely lose control of her 2009 VW Tiguan, run off of the highway, run it through the ditch, become airborne then land, travel farther, then run up and over a berm style planting (like 3 dumptruck loads of dirt), run over two large boulders, (ripping off half of the front end and undercarriage), demolish an old salt kettle, knock over a slab of limestone, run up through the yard spreading oil and antifreeze (which will kill the grass), and then finally coming to a stop less than 100 feet from the front of the house.

You know it is going to be one of those days, when you look out the window and see a demolished Tiguan setting in the middle of your front yard, with steam coming out from under the hood.

And of course, she's insured by Progressive. Have already called them, and got a hold of someone who sounded like she had to look at a map of the U.S. to figure out exactly where "Illinois" is located. Here's a hint... midwest.

Maybe at least this time, they'll take the effort to come and look at the damage in one of those Ford Escapes that they drive around, instead of making me meet one of their adjusters at the worst body shop in the entire region.

And what did she tell the state trooper? The she was driving too fast. Thanks a lot there, Captain Obvious!

At least she didn't hit the 40 year old Pin Oak tree that she barely missed. That would have put her in the hospital for quite a while.

I'm sure it was due to her texting/calling too. Especially at that age, she was probably texting her "bff Becky" LOL

I dealt with Progressive one time when I got smacked in the driver fender by a guy in a sweet 60s muscle car. The adjustor came to my house and he was very nice and enjoyed my blaring broadcast of Rush Limbaugh. Got a very favorable check.

Maybe they will send Flo out,and you can bond with her over motorcycles and camping in the wild...lol

Was the driver intoxicated?
Did her brakes not work, the way that you described it it seems that she travel long distance after leaving the highway.

Cell phone addiction. Watch individuals in a restaurant. They can't help but check their phone every five minutes. Watched a fifties something woman waiting in a doctors office this week. She came in,plopped herself down and went for the phone. Spent about twenty minutes texting like crazy until she was called. She came out of exam room,set down and went for that phone and started the same routine again. Can't understand why people have an almost maniacal need to be connected when lack of privacy is the big complaint everywhere. What the [censored] are they talking about that is so important?

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
She was texting on her phone.

I'd bet..and you just know that the only reason she has that nice and rather expensive Tiguan is because Daddy bought it for her. Probably spoiled rotten.

I wonder if there were any witnesses to her losing control, I'd love to think that a observant fellow motorist caught her on the phone or texting just before she left the road...please make it so..
thankyou2.gif
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: GreenFocus
Was the driver intoxicated?
Did her brakes not work, the way that you described it it seems that she travel long distance after leaving the highway.

She was probably busy sending Becky one more txt: "Crashing off road LOL, gonna B late, TTYL"

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Unfortunately, it looks like we have to deal with damage from someone insured with Progressive yet again. Hopefully, it won't turn into the nightmare like it did the last time.

This morning at 1030am, under a clear blue sky, we had a 23 year old driver completely lose control of her 2009 VW Tiguan, run off of the highway, run it through the ditch, become airborne then land, travel farther, then run up and over a berm style planting (like 3 dumptruck loads of dirt), run over two large boulders, (ripping off half of the front end and undercarriage), demolish an old salt kettle, knock over a slab of limestone, run up through the yard spreading oil and antifreeze (which will kill the grass), and then finally coming to a stop less than 100 feet from the front of the house.

You know it is going to be one of those days, when you look out the window and see a demolished Tiguan setting in the middle of your front yard, with steam coming out from under the hood.

And of course, she's insured by Progressive. Have already called them, and got a hold of someone who sounded like she had to look at a map of the U.S. to figure out exactly where "Illinois" is located. Here's a hint... midwest.

Maybe at least this time, they'll take the effort to come and look at the damage in one of those Ford Escapes that they drive around, instead of making me meet one of their adjusters at the worst body shop in the entire region.

And what did she tell the state trooper? The she was driving too fast. Thanks a lot there, Captain Obvious!

At least she didn't hit the 40 year old Pin Oak tree that she barely missed. That would have put her in the hospital for quite a while.

Did she hit your car too?

That's WILD.

You must post pictures!!

And to think I pay more in insurance than her just because I have a [censored]..lol. Close to her in age, no moving violations or accidents.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
She was texting on her phone.

I'd bet..and you just know that the only reason she has that nice and rather expensive Tiguan is because Daddy bought it for her. Probably spoiled rotten.

Sure is judgemental in here without any actual data or facts to back up the statement.

Oh, wait. Antiqueshell...I am no longer surprised.

Assuming you have plenty of photos and/or video of the car in your yard to share with the adjuster. And of the wrecker hooking it out of the yard. And of the family heirloom, the antique salt kettle.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Cell phone addiction. Watch individuals in a restaurant. They can't help but check their phone every five minutes. Watched a fifties something woman waiting in a doctors office this week. She came in,plopped herself down and went for the phone. Spent about twenty minutes texting like crazy until she was called. She came out of exam room,set down and went for that phone and started the same routine again. Can't understand why people have an almost maniacal need to be connected when lack of privacy is the big complaint everywhere. What the [censored] are they talking about that is so important?

So? wgaf? It's a Doctors office. What else is there to do except read old magazines? If she had sat down and opened a book would you've said the same thing. No, you wouldn't have. How do you know she wasn't reading on her phone?

Originally Posted By: Hollow

Sure is judgemental in here without any actual data or facts to back up the statement.

Oh, wait. Antiqueshell...I am no longer surprised.

This isn't a court of law bud, it's
BITOG forums. Thing is our speculation is probably spot on. You know why because the owl told me so. I know about VWs and the Tiguan is a "Daddy's Girl" favorite. Dad probably bought it for her 16th B day or HS graduation and put a big bow on it too.
crackmeup2.gif

Oh, and yeah these zombies that have their head surgically attached to these darn phones are really a huge danger in addition to being dolts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lawman1909
I'm sure it was due to her texting/calling too. Especially at that age, she was probably texting her "bff Becky" LOL

At what sounds like at about 90 MPH based on all the things the car plowed through after leaving the highway.
crazy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back