Fram air filters side rail construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know the term, the side and end walls around the filter media on a fram air filter I bought 5 years ago were loose crumbling foam material u could break off, so I bought a dense.
have the filters gotten better?

If it's been in use for 5 years I'm not surprised.
Fram makes great air filters and so does Denso, just change them about every 2years, earlier if severe service like extremely dusty environments. Filter tech is and has improved, tons of options depending on what your use is.
Oil wetted filters from KN, to dry flow filters from AFE, the choice is endless. I'd suggest checking out the air filter section of the site.

The engine air filter surround sealer exposed to the engine heat and deteriorated over time, 5-6 years is probably the life time of the sealer. The filter media may be in good condition but the sealer may not and it let dirt go through.

sorry the original post I did was not clear, it happened about 5years ago the new farm has suxxy side rails and I threw it away, are they still fragile in the sealing area?

Some applications they have to outsource, but most of the Fram air filters have the best gaskets I've seen. What specific model are you referring to? Maybe we can isolate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back