Pentosin HP Syn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a few Range Rovers come into the shop this week and we ordered some Pento High Performance 5W30 to meet the Rover spec.

My search didn't reveal a lot of discussion on this oil, so I am curious if anyone else has used it or has more info to share. It carries an API SL/CL, ACEA A3/B4 spec (along with a slew of Euro specs) and comes in a 1.32 gallon jug. http://www.pentosin.net/f_motoroil.asp

I have some left over and am tempted to use this in one of my Jeeps, perhaps in my AMC 2.5L powered buggy that will be fit with a Saab Turbo.

Seems like this oil carries allot of the same specs as Castrol 0w30 Euro (aka German Castrol, now Belgium Castrol)

I am assuming the Castrol I mentioned above was not on the Range Rover list? Since you should not have to special order this oil. It can be had almost anywhere.

Jeff

Last edited:
I don't know if the GC meets the spec. We ended up staying with the 5W30 Rover recommendation, although I would definitely use it if it were my Rover (if it did in fact meet the spec). We replaced the transmission fluid at the same time and that was what our distributor had so we went with it.

I have enough oil left to fill a 4 popper Jeep. It would probably be no better or worse than the QS syn I use now (in my app anyway) but was curious how others liked it.

Bump.

Can any of our friends across the pond or up north comment on this oil? The viscosity seems to be quite thick for a 30 wt, borderline 40. Hence the curiosity in my Jeep application with an oil cooled Saab Turbo.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back