Finally Cut the Cable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: Miller88
So last night, I was thinking to myself how much money I could save by cutting the cable. By my estimation, by getting rid of cable, I could save about $75 a month.

Not only is the idiot box a money waste, but the average person wastes several hours a week sitting around mindlessly watching it. Imagine all the possibilities for that extra time. You could earn some part time income, go back to school and improve your education, do some volunteer work, etc.

If you are happy about saving 50% of your income for a house, now that you have all that extra time, imagine how thrilled you'll be if you earn some extra income and put that toward your future home.

To me a better effort then earning extra income in spare time is getting education or making the career moves(time consuming) so you can work 20hrs (wife) and myself 30-40hrs and enjoy life what it has to offer.

Education for young adults is the most important thing one can invest their free time on...

Not watching television, playing Xbox, being a couch potato or vegetating doing nothing with their free time.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Education for young adults is the most important thing one can invest their free time on...

Not watching television, playing Xbox, being a couch potato or vegetating doing nothing with their free time.

I enjoy my television.

At 70+ I have little patience for teaching.

I can not walk 100 yards without gasping for breath.

I walk with a cane or a very hard limp.

I do however put in time as a Range Officer when needed.

I am still able to change my own oil.

I play NO games, tv, video, or others.

I have no need for a job, part time or full time.

I enjoy my TV.

11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back