Ram EcoDiesel, Pennzoil Ultra EuroL or Mobil 1 ESP

Status
Not open for further replies.
M1 ESP would be my vote simply because I can get it locally at NAPA and when they run the M1 sale, it is usually included which makes it a 'steal' compared to others by the quart.

Originally Posted By: dubie2003
M1 ESP would be my vote simply because I can get it locally at NAPA and when they run the M1 sale, it is usually included which makes it a 'steal' compared to others by the quart.

Mine do the "any 5 Mobil quarts + mobil filter for $xx.xx" - I'll get the ESP and stock up on filters for my wife's car.

I did get a reply from AMSOIL and they said their oil does not comply with the chrysler 11106 spec even though it does meet the Mercedes spec. I have seen elsewhere on this forum that they are the same, Must be some difference. Amsoil said theya re working on one to meet 11106 and expect to have it available soon, whatever that means.

Ref the Ecodiesel oil filter I have seen them online as a package of 3 for 115.95, with free shipping. I had a similar situation with the cartridge filters on my 5 cylinder 220 hp Volvo marine diesels which were first made in 2010 and it took a year until Wix and others had the filter. Originally 35 or so from Volvo and hard to get and now $6. I expect we will soon see them available from Wix/NapaGold.

All the best,

Originally Posted By: howie12
I did get a reply from AMSOIL and they said their oil does not comply with the chrysler 11106 spec even though it does meet the Mercedes spec. I have seen elsewhere on this forum that they are the same, Must be some difference. Amsoil said theya re working on one to meet 11106 and expect to have it available soon, whatever that means.

Ref the Ecodiesel oil filter I have seen them online as a package of 3 for 115.95, with free shipping. I had a similar situation with the cartridge filters on my 5 cylinder 220 hp Volvo marine diesels which were first made in 2010 and it took a year until Wix and others had the filter. Originally 35 or so from Volvo and hard to get and now $6. I expect we will soon see them available from Wix/NapaGold.

All the best,

Howie - Hello from Wisconsin...

The EcoDiesel Jeep has been our for a little while now, so I would assume we should see something soon - next 6mo to a year at most?

I seem to always go back to Mobil products. I tried the boutique oils, the latest fads, and always go back to old faithful Mobil.

That diesel Jeep is using is a winner. I hope to see it in a Wrangler soon, if so I'm trading mine in.

Originally Posted By: rockydee
I seem to always go back to Mobil products. I tried the boutique oils, the latest fads, and always go back to old faithful Mobil.

That diesel Jeep is using is a winner. I hope to see it in a Wrangler soon, if so I'm trading mine in.

Like I mentioned earlier, I really like the M1 products - just wanted to make sure the ESP oil was no different.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: TSR6

Like I mentioned earlier, I really like the M1 products - just wanted to make sure the ESP oil was no different.
smile.gif

ESP is actually by my opinion much better then M1 0W40.
M1 ESP 5W30 meets VW 504.00/507.00 which is more stringent when it comes to additive package then MB 229.51.
MB 229.51 is important bcs of stability of oil, NOACK value etc. But VW 504.00/507.00 has more stringent SAPS requirements.
Also, M1 5W30 ESP pds speaks for itself.

Originally Posted By: TSR6

smile.gif

Top of the line, nothing to worry about.

Be careful on the oil filters in that the filter for the Ecodiesel Jeep is different than the one for the Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, even though it's the same engine!!!!

Originally Posted By: rossn2
Be careful on the oil filters in that the filter for the Ecodiesel Jeep is different than the one for the Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, even though it's the same engine!!!!

Luckily, the Jeep uses the same filter as the Lancia Thema 3.0 V6 CRD which already came out by:

Purflux L974
CoopersFiaam FA6092ECO
(European)Fram CH11299ECO
General Motors 93745801
Tecnocar OP1005
UFI 25.088.00

For the likes of $15-20.

Last edited:
TSR6,

Yes, hello to you too. So how do you like your new truck? I am pleased as punch with mine. Computer is showing over 30 mpg in the 1400 miles on it and I checked the last tankmanually and it calculated at 29.6 with the computer saying 30.5. Anyhow, better than expected but near ideal driving with 30 mile minimum trips at 50-60 mph and very few stop lights and idling. One of the benefits of northern Wisconsin.

Seems like the knowledgeable people here recommend the Mobil 1 over the Pennzoil so I will look for that.

ALl the best,

ANyhow, all the best

Mobil delvac1 le5w30 would probably be superb it meet eu 5 and 6 and pretty much most of the standard.the list is.....exaustive

Originally Posted By: howie12
TSR6,

Yes, hello to you too. So how do you like your new truck? I am pleased as punch with mine. Computer is showing over 30 mpg in the 1400 miles on it and I checked the last tankmanually and it calculated at 29.6 with the computer saying 30.5. Anyhow, better than expected but near ideal driving with 30 mile minimum trips at 50-60 mph and very few stop lights and idling. One of the benefits of northern Wisconsin.

Seems like the knowledgeable people here recommend the Mobil 1 over the Pennzoil so I will look for that.

ALl the best,

ANyhow, all the best

Sorry for the late reply...

I'm showing 26mpg and some change for the overall computer (6,700mi or so) - best tank was 28.8, most recent tank was 25.7 according to Fuelly. I'm averaging 26.3 on the Fuelly App since I started using it about 4,000mi ago.

I likely have a similar drive - except for I've got two stop signs, and two stop lights to deal with on my drive now for my Southern Wi commute!

I picked up Pennzoil for my change. It was a little cheaper than ESP, and I had already picked up a quart before my road trip (thought I needed to top off, but realized I wasn't on a level surface after I already amazon'ed a quart.

Low and behold, it's actually substantially cheaper to order (2) 6 packs of quarts than it is to order (1)6-pack, and 4 individual quarts - so I'm sitting on 13 quarts right now of the Euro L - so my first two oil changes will be the Pennz Euro L, followed by ESP.

It ended up being $46 for a 6 pack, $13.64 for a single quart...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back