I continue to be impressed by MAG 1 SuperTech

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are acea specs on 5w30 ST syn? PP/PU gtl are both a1 b1 a5 b5. I know that does not always matter but it doesn't hurt either. I have reaped the rewards of Menards selling PP for 6.47qt with 2$ rebates and its hard to walk away from that. Also with DI engines and now mods on my car,noack is a concern. I ran ST syn in my 95 tacoma without issue in 10w30 and it was okay. If my budget and fuel allowance alters I might go for QSUD. Right now Napa has their syn for 3.49 and though price is right I wouls still run ST over Napa. I do run the Napa syn when I only want to do a 2500-3000 mile oil change and thats it. Both oils scream for a shot glass of Mos2 as moly is low on them both. I think in a non warranty situation that supertech is worth looking at.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
What are acea specs on 5w30 ST syn?

It's in the VOA section right now.

ST isn't equivalent to Mag 1.
Lots of boron but no moly.
This stuff isn't the same oil as Mag 1, which is WPP's premium oil.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
You guys keep harping about Pennzoil Platinum and Mobil 1, but in the meantime, you're missing out on an outstanding oil! Ever since I switched over to MAG 1, my engine has been extremely smooth. I'm talkin' Alaskan king crab dipped in hot butter smooth! The engine is noticeably smoother and more powerful. I'm also getting 3/10ths of a mile per gallon better fuel economy. I've gone from 18.7mpg to an even 19.0mpg of accumulated in town driving. And don't say it's because of other factors because I've been checking the mileage computer everyday for the last 3 years. The only thing that's changed is the oil type and filter type. I'm tellin' ya, you guys are missing out!
laugh.gif

For some, a little imagination and a placebo can be a powerful thing.

Wow Merk really knows how to ride nuts!

Sorry, but the whole time I've been here it's Supertech this, WPP that. It's getting kind of old. The first mention I make about the oil I use turns into a brand war. But this is cool...

P.S. - YMMV

Rant over...

I'll stick with the new GTL Sopus as I have a few cases and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Use whatever floats your boat; I just think for a bit more coin you can get a better product. Even if its a 5 spot difference per gallon its still cheaper than a motor IMO lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back