Post your motorcycles gas mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
1995 Harley Davidson Electraglide Ultra...Last tank 51 mpg mostly 2 up, secondary roads. Leisurely ride last Sunday 45 to 60 mph. I have been using 93 octane non ethanol from a mom and pops country store near my house. The non ethanol 93 seems to be getting about 4 to 5 more mpg than the 89 octane ethanol swill I had been using. 148 miles took 2.8 gallons to top it off.

char, I have only owned the bike for 2 months and it had carb issues from sitting for 2 years prior to my buying it. It was ridden only occasionally since new with only 22,000 original miles. I did have a local shop rebuild the carb with new jets, emulsion tube etc. I used Techron the first few tanks along with the non ethanol 93 and it does have crisp throttle response with no spitting back through the carb and starts and idles very well. I don't know about a power gain but it seems to pull very well from moderately low speeds in most any gear without complaint.

My "bike" is a 2008 Honda Ruckus. Fully customized.

50cc liquid cooled motor with CV carb. Top Speed (also my cruising speed) is 42-45 mph. RPM's at that speed are between 9-10k. I have a rev limiter at 10.5k.

I'm averaging between 90-105 mgp's. Depending on wind speed, terrain, riding style, etc.

I currently have almost 18k miles on this scooter.

2013-10-08_18-55-58_401.jpg

Last edited:
Phishin, That's crazy cool...yes, you have been riding it! Amazing amount of miles out of that little engine!

Last edited:
My 2012 ZX14R averages 43 MPG when ridden responsibly.

When ridden irresponsibly it returns approximately 32 MPG.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
char, I have only owned the bike for 2 months and it had carb issues from sitting for 2 years prior to my buying it. It was ridden only occasionally since new with only 22,000 original miles. I did have a local shop rebuild the carb with new jets, emulsion tube etc. I used Techron the first few tanks along with the non ethanol 93 and it does have crisp throttle response with no spitting back through the carb and starts and idles very well. I don't know about a power gain but it seems to pull very well from moderately low speeds in most any gear without complaint.

Very Good!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Phishin, that scooter gave me a good chuckle this morning. Thanks for that.

Not being defensive (honestly), but why did my Ruckus give you a chuckle?

'01 GS500: 39.2mpg driven stop and go commute exclusively. A few years back when I took it on a road trip, I clocked 55 mpg.

Yamaha FZ1 1st gen 2005 41 MPG, Honda 919 or Hornet 2006 43 MPG, Honda CRF250L 67 - 70 MPG, Yamaha FZ6R 47 MPG.

These new honda 670cc engines are really great: fantastic MPG while having plenty of low end torque so that you don't have to rev it high. They sound nice, too. I test drove a CTX700 last year, and really loved the engine.

Bored and stroked, and lightened Hayabusa with lots of engine work, which is built to handle like a bigger, slightly heavier GSX-R.

Low teens to maybe 40 MPG, depending on where and how it's ridden, and what fuel it's running at the time.

On average from a commuting standpoint roughly 22 miles to work and back I can expect 49-50 MPG on my 86' Yamaha FZX700, and on my 07' Yamaha FZ1 I've gotten 44. Riding conditions are primarily highway (85/15) and riding modestly for these figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back