Honda Civic parts question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the air vent just right of the steering wheel and the surrounding dash/hole is the same size in the 2012 and 2013 Honda Civic?

Here's a suggestion, go to Majestic automotive parts website and enter info for the specific 2012 model civic. Find the part and write down the part number. Do the same for same model 2013 civic, compare the part number. If same number both should be the same.

Everything for the air outlet says passenger and I need to find the drivers side. I'm not very experienced in reading these diagrams. I'll give the dealership a call and see if the parts department can help me out tomorrow.

Thanks.

It looks like it is the same size however the proclipusa.com mount I wanted to use from the 2013 civic won't work for my 2012 because the grey/chrome trim around the air vent provides a lip that holds the mount in place.

I'm not sure if I would be able to swap the whole dash panel to get the trim piece in my car and if that will work or not. I am most likely going to give up on getting my GPS mounted on the right hand side of my steering wheel.

Unless I use something like these balls http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48_64&products_id=149 and put a hole in the dash and a nut on the other side and use a RAM mount for the GPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back