2003 Mitsubishi Colt CJ Gearbox Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
In the manual it's mentioned to use "Dia Queen ATF SP II or equivalent". I went to the dealer and I was told that the SP II is discontinued and SP III is available. The seller was not sure whether SP III is equivalent or not, so he couldn't recommend.

Could anybody tell me if it's ok to go for SP III or any other brands. Here are some oil brands which meet or exceed Mitsubishi Diamond SPII.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-1076-mitsubishi-diamond-spii.aspx

Thanks

I've never seen SPII, when I worked at a Mitsi dealership we used SPIII in them. We also used a Fuchs DexIII that covered SPIII too.

Originally Posted By: Silk
I've never seen SPII, when I worked at a Mitsi dealership we used SPIII in them. We also used a Fuchs DexIII that covered SPIII too.

I can go ahead with SP III then?

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Is this an automatic transmission or a manual? If it's a manual transmission - ATF is ATF is ATF.

Yes 4 speed automatic transmission.

Originally Posted By: MAKamal
Originally Posted By: Silk

I can go ahead with SP III then?

Yes.
SPIII was created to meet the demands of newer cars without losing the ability to function in older ones.

Kia and Hyundai introduced a fluid called SP-IV which might be able to replace SPII and SPIII and perform better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back