Dodge Hellcat HP numbers released

Status
Not open for further replies.
707 HP!
shocked2.gif

I was disappointed they didn't show the quarter mile time when the car left the line at the end of the video. Must not be too impressive.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer

I was disappointed they didn't show the quarter mile time when the car left the line at the end of the video. Must not be too impressive.

I'm sure it's a real dog.
smirk2.gif

I was on the Intranet at work the other day and they had a "fact sheet" on the Hellcat engine, on which they said it would have 600+ HP and that the fuel lines to the injectors are 1/2" in dia. and under full power this engine will empty the gas tank in 13 minutes!

Somebody, better have a big budget for fuel and tires!

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer

It's hard to have an impressive 1/4 mile time when your tires break loose the whole way.
grin.gif

So its just a factory version of every other high HP Dodge that people have been building since they came out?

Like the name but would it have killed them to R&D a new car for it.

Last edited:
Well done Dodge, new engine, new 8 spd auto, new electronics, new interior, new front and rear suspension and 707 HP, what is not to like. Good job Ralph and thank you Sergio!

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Wonder if it's going to use the Pennzoil Ultra SRT 0w40?

according to that Allpar link, yes, yes it will.

and the Supercharger is "Sealed For Life with synthetic oil".

Quote:

Well done Dodge, new engine, new 8 spd auto, new electronics, new interior, new front and rear suspension and 707 HP, what is not to like.

The teething pain? I think I could live with it tho.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: earlyre

and the Supercharger is "Sealed For Life with synthetic oil".

Sealed for life!! Me no likey, hopefully the owners will still be able to change it if they want to.

I'm sure it will be Fast in a Straight Line. I'm curious how car will handle at those speeds on long winding roads and curves?

Hopefully they totally reworked the entire suspension to work with all that power and torque. Otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back