Cheap Suspension/Steering Kit - Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Buy something name brand. My brother put a brand new front end in his Jeep Cherokee a couple years ago and it was an off brand drag link and the castle nut which was tight with a cotter pin, it's threads pulled out on the freeway, he safely made it to the side of the freeway (with absolutely no steering) and was then sideswiped. This was a month ago

Wait.... So "name brand" + "made in america" = Good?
Since NOTHING Raybestos and Moog sell is made in america, Why are they recommended?

Um, I never said anything about being made in America.

I said name brand, where they probably aren't using pot-metal.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Since NOTHING Raybestos and Moog sell is made in america, Why are they recommended?

Be careful with absolutes (like "nothing"). I just installed a pair of Moog springs on the rear of our CR-V and the country of origin printed on the Moog label is "United States of America".

My bad
frown.gif

I meant Raybestos I know Definitely, as that's what they told me when I called them
Moog is a probably, as most of the part's I've seen in my hands didn't look well made, and were made in China. The fact you found an app that wasn't is intriguing.
A misplaced absolute, It happens.........
wink.gif

I said name brand, where they PROBABLY aren't using pot-metal.
From pictures and item's I've held in my hand
Raybestos & Moog parts don't look and feel like they did years back.
Coarse threads, a rough finish, and not great quality feeling rubber components
The way these parts age in my area, My theories are at least somewhat true.

I said name brand, where they PROBABLY aren't using pot-metal.
From pictures and item's I've held in my hand
Raybestos & Moog parts don't look and feel like they did years back.
Coarse threads, a rough finish, and not great quality feeling rubber components
The way these parts age in my area, My theories are at least somewhat true.

Still probably better than the pure Made in China no name garbage

I meant Raybestos I know Definitely, as that's what they told me when I called them
Moog is a probably, as most of the part's I've seen in my hands didn't look well made, and were made in China. The fact you found an app that wasn't is intriguing.

Yeah, I know...I've bought some Moog chassis parts myself that were clearly printed "Made in China". I think they were one of the many sets of sway bar end links and/or bushings for our old Chrysler minivan.

I was pleased to see that the Moog springs for our Honda were made in USA. And interestingly, they had one additional coil than the stock springs. I thought that maybe Moog was the OEM supplier, and that the replacement spring would be identical to the OEM one, but it's got an additional turn in it.

Deeza are very good parts and while not US made they are first world.
Nice quality products with very good finish and machining. I have used them for years before they came to the US market and don't have a bad thing to say about any part i used, its all positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back