I continue to be impressed by MAG 1 SuperTech

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys keep harping about Pennzoil Platinum and Mobil 1, but in the meantime, you're missing out on an outstanding oil! Ever since I switched over to MAG 1, my engine has been extremely smooth. I'm talkin' Alaskan king crab dipped in hot butter smooth! The engine is noticeably smoother and more powerful. I'm also getting 3/10ths of a mile per gallon better fuel economy. I've gone from 18.7mpg to an even 19.0mpg of accumulated in town driving. And don't say it's because of other factors because I've been checking the mileage computer everyday for the last 3 years. The only thing that's changed is the oil type and filter type. I'm tellin' ya, you guys are missing out!
laugh.gif

I've been reading A LOT about supertech oils lately, and I'm changing the oil in my truck tomorrow with ST dino 10w30, and considering the ST syn for the Mustang...I just read a great thread a few minutes ago about guys supporting house brand oils. My conclusion: if it meets the specs for your car and you change the oil when your manual tells you to, you can't go wrong.

MAG 1 is fine oil, it's one of the oils I use in rotation with others. Lubrigold is 3.25 - 3.50 a quart around here, another good oil. Used both in the old 2003 Trailblazer, ran like a champ.

I've been using Mag1 in most of my vehicles. It seems to work.

Mag1 0w-20 is going in my Saturd next go round.

Dude, it's a synthetic-of course it's better....
smirk.gif

Pretty any one will serve you well in way or another...
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
I've been using Mag1 in most of my vehicles. It seems to work.

Mag1 0w-20 is going in my Saturd next go round.

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Supertech synthetic had better be good for more than 5 or 6 thousand miles right out of the bottle, Merk's maintenance regimen notwithstanding.

Touché
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Supertech synthetic had better be good for more than 5 or 6 thousand miles right out of the bottle, Merk's maintenance regimen notwithstanding.

SuperTECH synthetic? I'd go 7500 miles. Your right Garak, ' Merk's maintenance regimen notwithstanding'
whistle.gif

Last edited:
Mag1 may be fine, but please report back after you have used this oil for 200-300K at 10K OCIs.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Mag1 may be fine, but please report back after you have used this oil for 200-300K at 10K OCIs.

Merk wouldn't do that even if he had a ten gallon sump filled with M1 EP and an M1 accountant with a blank cheque following him around in case of any failures, real or imagined.
wink.gif

I use Supertech all the time. My vehicles cannot tell the difference between ST and the more expensive brands. My pocketbook feels the difference, ha

I use the synthetic Peak version in 0W-20 in my Camry with good results.

I don't know about extended OCI's though.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
10,000 miles is ludicrous. Not gonna happen with any of my cars.

Then there's nothing much to say about Mag 1.

Hey OP - I feel you bro!!! I know what you mean about Mag 1. Currently I'm using Mag 1 full syn 5w-30 in my truck. What my signature does not mention, is that it's not just the regular 5w-30 syn, but it's actually the one that has the gasser spec SM, the diesel spec CF, as well as having plenty of European specs like ACEA C3, A3/B3, A3/B4, MB 229.31 and 223.51, BMW ll-04, and VW 502 and 505... It's totally overkill really, for my truck, since it's a Ford F-150, but hey, I ain't complaining. I was going to just get the other normal gasser only spec version, but I bought the one I did kind of on impulse and out of whim.

But, even there dino oils are some good stuff, too. I think I may use it sometime in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back