Purolator PL14610 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the 90k mile service on our 2008 CR-V this weekend. I thought that I had an A02 on it, but it was a PureONE PL14610. Of course, I cut it open. The last Purolator filter I posted looked so good after 3k miles, it was questioned how a used filter looked so dry. So this time, I took pictures wet to demonstrate that it was, in fact used...used on an '08 CR-V for 5k miles with Havoline 5W-20 oil.

As with the Classic L14610 I ran 3k miles on our Acura, this filter looks to be in very good condition with only slightly waving pleats near the metal crimp. All other media pleats look very uniform, so I just took a photo at the crimp. No apparent malfunctions.

The date code is F07B13E1. Manufactured on July 13, 2010, on line E, shift 1, in the Fayetteville, NC, facility. I have three more with the same date code, and I'll continue to use them. I mistakenly told david1 that I had an A02 to cut open for him, but this is that filter instead. So I installed one of my A02s this weekend just for you, david1!
smile.gif
I'll check back in 5k more miles.

The guts:

IMG_0303%255B1%255D.JPG

The glory:

IMG_0304%255B1%255D.JPG

GAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! A Purolator!!!!!!! GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Run for the hills! Run for your lives! Call the class action law...yers...

Um.

Uh.... wait.... it looks perfect.

Nevermind.

laugh.gif

I've been trying to track the purolator problems, yet web forums don't give a clear picture. Has Purolator supplied any secret proprietary information? Chance they did. They were open in the beginning I know. Crickets now?

No crickets here....I have used the same filter for almost all of the now 83k miles in the Armada of my sig. I use the white label (same #) on my 06 Kawi Quad (that thing tears up oil). I've cut em open and besides some waves after 7500-8k miles om the Armada all was gr8.

Originally Posted By: Tegger
Oh no, it's a Purolator! And it's torn! And look what evil lurks inside!
Hey, he is on the outside of the filter, to many microns across to get in. Not a problem.

So a 4 year old filter huh? This kinda goes against the argument Purolater said that the failing filters were those who stocked-piled old filters... that one looks excellent!

Yep, this one looks great. Consistent with every PL14610 and variant I've ever used and posted pics of here over the years, and there have been many. I'll be interested to see the current PL14610 on my 3.0L Accord which will be a full 10-15%MM interval and over 6k miles oci started beginning of Nov. so it will include a winter interval. Expect to see no issues, same as usual for me. Pics will be posted.

Thanks for posting pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back