Quaker State 300k Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make sure to keep your receipts, and remember to follow your Owners manual OCI frequency, and when you hit 300,000mi, they will cut you a check for KBB (trade in - good) Value, or $3grand, which ever is less. and you get to keep the car!

Has anyone actually collected on one of these "warranties"? I would think that they would demand not only the huge documentation trail, basically unblemished, but also proof that the whole plethora of other engine, but non-oil-related maintenance was performed (ie: oxygen sensors, etc.).

I personally don't see the point of synthetics in cars that don't otherwise spec them, unless one is going for extended drain intervals. Like the ~40k miles I have on my latest oil change. And besides, 10 years from now, what are the chances they're still going to be marketing the same brand-name of oil and honouring the warranty on the successor oil? Its a gimmick, plain and simple, with a minimal payoff. Figure out extended drains, and run with that if you want to save money.

Originally Posted By: pitzel
Has anyone actually collected on one of these "warranties"? I would think that they would demand not only the huge documentation trail, basically unblemished, but also proof that the whole plethora of other engine, but non-oil-related maintenance was performed (ie: oxygen sensors, etc.).

I personally don't see the point of synthetics in cars that don't otherwise spec them, unless one is going for extended drain intervals. Like the ~40k miles I have on my latest oil change. And besides, 10 years from now, what are the chances they're still going to be marketing the same brand-name of oil and honouring the warranty on the successor oil? Its a gimmick, plain and simple, with a minimal payoff. Figure out extended drains, and run with that if you want to save money.

I think this is the case also. However, I like the fact that Quaker State UD seems to make my upper engine run quieter, it's priced right, and it meets Dexos specs. Plus, win or lose, this program only required OEM oil change intervals. So, I think it's win/win basically. I was a M1 only guy until I had my last truck's oil changed at a dealer once years ago (it's the only time in the past 15 years I paid somebody to change my oil) and my passenger commented that it ran smoother (I felt it also). At the time they had put Syntec in instead of my normal M1. I continued to use M1 despite this event, however, with UD having a better VI than M1 5w30 plus the quiet/smooth thing I had to switch.

Last edited:
Doesn't Quaker State also give you a $20 coupon when you sign up for the warranty? Pretty sweet deal to get a QSUD oil change for about $2

Originally Posted By: sicko
Doesn't Quaker State also give you a $20 coupon when you sign up for the warranty? Pretty sweet deal to get a QSUD oil change for about $2

Yes they do, it's a 20 buck mail in rebate. I sent mine in today. I'll report back when it arrives if it does. Also, man, I'm telling you, QSUD numbers aren't bad. They hold their own against M1 5w30 quite well!

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_X_cbe_24855_key_140007513235_201302211618.pdf

Have collected a couple rebates for the signup. Doubt if I'll ever collect the final payoff as I usually don't keep my cars that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back