Is Danica Patrick a threat now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: cheesepuffs
I'm in the "if she were male she'd be out of a career already" camp. She had one IRL win, a fuel mileage win at Motegi. This her third full season in stock cars and while she's improved in recent weeks she's still nothing deserving a premier ride as far as skills go. She's a marketing machine though and racing is a business first and foremost, so I can't blame Gene Haas and Smoke for giving her a ride.

Some of you guys are clueless; racing is about MARKETING, and she's a marketing machine as you say, which is why she is where she is. She also is a decent race car driver; she's better than some other drivers with a full time ride and she gets marketing dollars.

She wouldn't be where she is though if she wasn't a decent all around driver. The fact that she is an attractive female gets the marketing dollars, of which professional racing exists off of.

I think some of you good ol boys are just jealous and spiteful of progress. How dare a woman be a stock car driver...

Sorry to sound like Hilary Clinton. But women driving stock cars? Why not? A really good friend of mine was a flight instructor for the US Navy. He was instructing where new pilots get their hands on an aircraft for the first time. I believe they are flying fixed wing, prop-driven engines. He told me the best student he ever had was a girl. He sent her on to fighter jets, and this guy is no womens libber, either. Once in a while, there's a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back