Iraq uprising again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
So there has to be "the other reason"...which is what we don't know.

Could be simple incompetence by decision makers for many years....

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
FL_Rob said:
Not every culture or people have the ability to harness technology for their own betterment,and even when it's provided to them,can many utilize it proficiently because it took them no discipline to develop,engineer,maintain or acquire it.

All 'cultures' are different and it's foolish to expect them to have the same capabilities, desires etc...The last part of your statement is true for anybody who is given something without working for it....

Please note that you are misleading people by improperly quoting...

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
If the US would just walk away from the middle east and quit messing around with their governments, there would be no reason for the terrorists to go after the US.
We no longer have cheap oil anyways, so just walk away, let the region sort itself out. No one in Iraq/Iran/Syria could care less about your way of life or your freedom.
Draw some clear lines around Isreal and other allies, that they are off limits and leave the rest alone. If they still insist on flying planes into our buildings, then there is justification to bring out big sticks and smash some things... I think the terrorist leaders know this too, and I doubt any are in any hurry to meet [censored], regardless of what their promotional material says.

The oil from the Middle East is not for North America. The oil from that part of the world is for the U.S. allies in Europe and Japan. Also unless you have lived there and talked to people from Iraq how are you qualified to state what the population wants? Yet you can sit in your nice home in Ontario, Canada and pretend to know what you are posting about.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Their goal is world domination and the enactment of Sharia Law for the entire world. They could care less who they have to eradicate to attain that goal.

This is a common theme if you talk to some of the local population in Iraq and Afghanistan. You will hear a similar story from many different people.

A common story is never seeing your neighbors again after a strict Sharia group such as the Taliban raiding your neighbors apartment at 2 or 3 A.M. after hearing non approved music being heard from the offending apartment.

The people we are fighting with will do this against their own people that have a lot more common than a western country such as America that has many different faiths, nationalities, expressions, and cultures that have a direct opposite philosophy to Sharia.
Yet someone will bury their face into the sand and from the comfort of their home and believe the extremists will leave us alone. I wish this was the case. It is just not going to happen.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

Yet someone will bury their face into the sand and from the comfort of their home and believe the extremists will leave us alone. I wish this was the case. It is just not going to happen.

I agree, thats why i don't get the coexist bumper stickers. Unfortunately the only way to end this is to make some areas, a glass parking lot.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
To get the Iowa class Battleship moving and rearmed would be a mammoth task.

It would be worth the price of admission.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dave1251

If you go to the Politics section at macrumors.com you'll find a lot of people like that.

All I know is the gas by me is almost 4 dollars a gallon now. 3.97 for regular. Its time for America to either step up and do some kick bootie or get out of the place for good. If were gonna go kill people then atleast take the oil fields that were built by us anyways.

Last edited:
the real trouble is that the people that want to kill each other dont have enough tools to kill with. if we give both sides more guns ect they might kill all of each other.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
FL_Rob said:
Not every culture or people have the ability to harness technology for their own betterment,and even when it's provided to them,can many utilize it proficiently because it took them no discipline to develop,engineer,maintain or acquire it.

All 'cultures' are different and it's foolish to expect them to have the same capabilities, desires etc...The last part of your statement is true for anybody who is given something without working for it....

Ok,in a roundabout way of reiterating what i said, you then agree that technology that can be used against others,pretty much all technology, should be kept out of the hands of jihadists. Until such a time(way-way in the future) that they have the capability to handle it responsibly.

Originally Posted By: waltywalt
All I know is the gas by me is almost 4 dollars a gallon now. 3.97 for regular. Its time for America to either step up and do some kick bootie or get out of the place for good. If were gonna go kill people then atleast take the oil fields that were built by us anyways.

Good point. I always felt that we should have had Shell or BP right behind our boys to rebuild those oil fields and pump those suckers hard. They could have financed their own war!

I would have given them 20% commission at least...

This is a carefully planned operation, decided in corporate boardrooms and many levels of the U.S. government going all the way to the top. It is orchestrated by the CIA and funded by the U.S. taxpayer.

Many of you are getting your wish. At America's bequest, arabs are killing each other. The CIA is funding and supporting rebels in Syria which then attack Iraq which is supported by and advised by the U.S. Department of Defense.

You may not like his methods, but Syria's Assad was dealing with these militants quite effectively. The true "Red Line" was the fact that as long as these militants were being wiped out by Assad, they would be unable to conduct combat operations in Iraq.

When Iraq falls, Iran will be next, this is why Iran is assisting the clownish Iraqi government.

The loser? The U.S. taxpayer. The winner? The energy and defense industries.

Dwight D. Eisenhower was right to warn us about the "Military Industrial Complex" and John F. Kennedy was right to want to "dismantle the CIA, brick by brick." If only we had paid attention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back