If you could go back in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After having a read of OneEyeJack's posts, maybe a 1984 Civic wagon. His is still running strong at 37mpg. Why not buy something that would soldier on forever without repairs....with plenty of headroom and hauls whatever you need hauled...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Make mine an old Super Duty Pontiac "Swiss Cheese" Mickey Thompson Catalina!

One of 14 made, only 2 known to still exist.

Trapped 120 mph in 1963...

Oooh, very good pick.

But if you had a time machine, now there'd be 3 known to exist, and they'd all be de-valued 33%! ;-P

Of course my pick would do the same to the current value of the other 2 Hemi Cudas... but we'd still come out ahead. :)

Originally Posted By: morris
1964-1965 ply race hemi.

^^^Especially the stripped, alloy body parted, factory drag racing machines.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
The list is long but if i could only bring one back in the Tardis it would be a 37 Horsch 853 Sport Cabriolet or Facel Vega II 6.7 stick.

Keep in mind that you can't drive the car into the Tardis because the door is too small. The obvious way to get the car in would be to pull it inside with a cable or tow strap. Would you really want to move such a car in that manner or do you have a better way to get the car inside?

Originally Posted By: Quest
if I can go back to the 70s, I'd buy either a BMW 2002tii with kugelfischer, or some Datsuns RWD.

Q.

2002 for the win.

Local guy has a rust bucket multicolored 2002....thats all new mechanically. Judging by the sound alone his redline is well over 9k...and it must be a pain to drive in traffic because it seems to have zero power below 4k rpm.... but every time I hear a sound like an old F1 car coming toward me at a light, I giggle like a child and wave at him.

Id go back and grab... 62 lincoln continental, 63 impala SS... a handful of 85 toyota 4x4 pickups...

but... an 86 atc 250r, an 86 atc 350x, a fleet of 85 atc 70s, an 86 tecate, and an 86 triz would all be on the list too.

but...because my grandpa had one...

cadillac-00063.jpg

a 31 v12 caddy....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
My Forest Green 1970 Nova SS with the 350 V8 and 4-speed Borg-Warner T-10 manual transmission.

My brother had a new '68 Nova 350/4 spd and had the engine done by Wally Booth in Detroit. Rear end was a 4.88:1 or something like that. It was quite a rocket !

I bought a new '68 Riviera and it was one of my favorites.

My brother was out to get the trophies .. I was out for the girls.
cool.gif

I'm thinking along the lines of a car that you could actually put into normal use for twenty five years without having major mechanical problems or serious rust that would also be entertaining to drive and offer reasonable fuel economy.
How about a 911 SC or the Carrera that replaced it?
These cars traced their roots back to the first 911 and were highly developed versions of it. Over the years, most of the problems involving the engine and the very rust prone earlier bodies were corrected.
Fast enough, entertaining enough and noted for their durability.
To me, a car is to drive, not to decorate the garage.

I inherited a 1973 Bronco V8 from my father; I hated it. I MUCH prefer my 1999 TJ. Much better acceleration, fuel economy, handling, HVAC. As for the Land Cruiser, I'd gladly take an FJ40.

On the other hand, my 2002 is proof that sometimes you CAN go home again. I frequently use it as my commuter, if I could find a 1973 tii with A/C I'd drive it ALL the time...

Originally Posted By: yonyon
Originally Posted By: Trav
The list is long but if i could only bring one back in the Tardis it would be a 37 Horsch 853 Sport Cabriolet or Facel Vega II 6.7 stick.

Keep in mind that you can't drive the car into the Tardis because the door is too small. The obvious way to get the car in would be to pull it inside with a cable or tow strap. Would you really want to move such a car in that manner or do you have a better way to get the car inside?

There has to be a back door.
lol.gif

http://www.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/tardis/rooms/

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Make mine an old Super Duty Pontiac "Swiss Cheese" Mickey Thompson Catalina!

One of 14 made, only 2 known to still exist.

Trapped 120 mph in 1963...

Oooh, very good pick.

But if you had a time machine, now there'd be 3 known to exist, and they'd all be de-valued 33%! ;-P

Of course my pick would do the same to the current value of the other 2 Hemi Cudas... but we'd still come out ahead. :)

Yes, we would! But just imagine a car that old that trapped 120 mph right out of the box!

There are so many drag racing specials available that were extremely low production number cars, I really want one of each!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back