Nationwide Series at Road America

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the race yesterday was one of the best NASCAR road course races I have ever seen. Tagliani going from P23 to P2 in 2 laps was awesome and shows how good of a driver he really is.

Some things I took away from the race:

-NASCAR needs an intermediate tire for road courses in addition to the full wets
-They cannot throw a yellow and force teams to change, let them make their own call
-There needs to be a series that uses the Nationwide spec cars but runs all road courses in the US like the Mexico Corona series and Whelen Euro Series.

I agree! What a race! Tagliani was insane in those last 2 laps. Watching him take p2 on the last corner, and seeing just how much faster he was than anyone else on the GWC laps was very cool. Yes, NASCAR should also race these cars on road courses more often. And yes, the huge delay in the beginning was stupid. Whether they should have intermediate tires or not is another question, but let the teams decide between dry and wet tires! As the race eventually showed, the winner finished the race on wet tires, even though the track was quite dry and probably worked well with slicks (as Tagliani's last couple of laps on slicks showed). Overall though, great race. My faith in NASCAR is momentarily restored.

The road courses are the races in Nascar that I usually try and watch. Much more interesting to me than the circle tracks.

Originally Posted By: morepwr
The road courses are the races in Nascar that I usually try and watch. Much more interesting to me than the circle tracks.

These are the ONLY NASCAR races I watch anymore.

I would watch more IF they put them on road, or better yet, STREET courses!
wink.gif
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif
19.gif

I have wished they had a NASCAR road race series outside of the Tudor Sports Car series. I would want them to use the Nationwide spec cars, maybe with the Cup series fuel injection.

Tracks I would want them at in no particular order
-Long Beach street circuit
-Laguna Seca
-Sonona (full course)
-COTA
-Road Atlanta
-Road America
-Detroit Belle Isle
-Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport)
-Daytona roval
-Lime Rock
-Mid Ohio
-Sebring
-Watkins Glen (with boot)
-Barber Motorsports Park
-Toronto IndyCar street course
-Indy Motor Speedway road course

There my dream, someone please make it happen.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I have wished they had a NASCAR road race series outside of the Tudor Sports Car series. I would want them to use the Nationwide spec cars, maybe with the Cup series fuel injection.

Tracks I would want them at in no particular order
-Long Beach street circuit
-Laguna Seca
-Sonona (full course)
-COTA
-Road Atlanta
-Road America
-Detroit Belle Isle
-Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport)
-Daytona roval
-Lime Rock
-Mid Ohio
-Sebring
-Watkins Glen (with boot)
-Barber Motorsports Park
-Toronto IndyCar street course
-Indy Motor Speedway road course

There my dream, someone please make it happen.

01.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

wink.gif
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif
19.gif

Almost the same here. I record Sonoma and Watkins Glen without fail, but I'll get some of the oval races from the non-Cookie Cutter tracks. Pocono is an interesting track because they shift a couple of times a lap.

We just got back from driving Watkins Glen (followed by a winery run and dinner at Glen Motor Inn).

Good course and keeps you busy throughout.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman

wink.gif
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif
19.gif

Almost the same here. I record Sonoma and Watkins Glen without fail, but I'll get some of the oval races from the non-Cookie Cutter tracks. Pocono is an interesting track because they shift a couple of times a lap.

Yes, and I would add the Pocono LONG road course to bdcardinal's list above as well, and would definitely go see that one live an in person!.
wink.gif
19.gif

Yes, and I would add the Pocono LONG road course to bdcardinal's list above as well, and would definitely go see that one live an in person!.
wink.gif
19.gif

Tire blankets will be allowed. Also pit stops will not use the fuel can, but a hose like every other racing series in the world. But in keeping with NASCAR they will use a jack and change one side at a time. O and brake pad changes will be encouraged on pit stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back