Mobil 1 0W-20 Extended Performance VOA with TBN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castro/Mobil are using similar additive packages. Obviously. Probably Infineum. Good stuff. They had to move to Mg to lower the SA.

Thanks for the VOA.

Unimpressive, light additive package.

Magnesium is not effective at TAN arrest.

However, TAN arrest (or TBN retention) should get a help from the base oil as M1 EP is expected to have some Group IV or Group V base stocks in addition to Group III base stocks (hence less acids generated due to base-oil oxidation).

I use this in my nissan!so far love it!next i ll use the factory oil filter tho.i use fram ultra now but it isnt needed.because of the way the filter is positioned

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
This is still my favorite oil ,how to make it better?get rid of the moly and boron. Put more magnesium if you need something

Get rid of the moly and boron?

You can't be serious.

Even when I can read your posts they still lose me in the sense department.

Moly is the best friction modifier we have right now,and boron rich oils have been showing great used oil analysis from the ones I've seen here.
Exactly why would it be better without them.
Or are you still pushing that imaginary stuff you've posted about.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

You can't be serious.

Moly is the best friction modifier we have right now,and boron rich oils have been showing great used oil analysis from the ones I've seen here.

The best 0W20 this board has seen has very little Moly:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3373785

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: Clevy

You can't be serious.

The best 0W20 this board has seen has very little Moly:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3373785

WHY, exactly, it is "the best"??
21.gif

Me the way i feel about any liquid going in engine.if something is in the oil is harder then the engine block material ?usual aluminium but some engine like some porsche use magnesium.there is no way the aluminium isnt gona get moly blasted or other hard metal if something unforseen happen.

So you're saying the "moly" in the oil is small bits of molybdenum metal?

Me the way i feel about any liquid going in engine.if something is in the oil is harder then the engine block material ?usual aluminium but some engine like some porsche use magnesium.there is no way the aluminium isnt gona get moly blasted or other hard metal if something unforseen happen.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

21.gif

Search up the UOAs from it, there are several. Then find me a 0W20 that is even in the ballpark. Engine wear, TBN retention, etc. are all phenomenal with that oil.

21.gif

Search up the UOAs from it, there are several. Then find me a 0W20 that is even in the ballpark. Engine wear, TBN retention, etc. are all phenomenal with that oil.

Ya .people might argue but when days in days out .similar number show up and annoyingly its always that oil .they re probably doing something right

Hey yvon I know you are still reading this thread, what about my question?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
So you're saying the "moly" in the oil is small bits of molybdenum metal?

No what i say is molybdenum is harder then aluminium and i tend to favor softer then aluminium if i can.or less of the hard stuff.want an exemple?glass bead paint .you ll get the idea.but on and engine you got the various ring you also got the intense pressure build up but wait there is more now the piston is sent flying down like some giant would fist a person.if the material in the oil is too tough and a lot of its my belief is that the long term durability will suffer.

So compounds of molybdenum have the same physical properties of the bulk metal?

No what i say is molybdenum is harder then aluminium and i tend to favor softer then aluminium if i can.or less of the hard stuff.want an exemple?glass bead paint .you ll get the idea.but on and engine you got the various ring you also got the intense pressure build up but wait there is more now the piston is sent flying down like some giant would fist a person.if the material in the oil is too tough and a lot of its my belief is that the long term durability will suffer.

Shouldn't we be staying away from any oil that contains titanium then?

On another thread, didn't you just advocate adding sand to an engine?

21.gif

That IS great, but, PLEASE tell me WHERE that product (or ANY of the Fuchs/Silkolene oils) can be bought, without having to be shipped over from England/Europe (and the subsequent CRAZY shipping charges).
21.gif

21.gif

That IS great, but, PLEASE tell me WHERE that product (or ANY of the Fuchs/Silkolene oils) can be bought, without having to be shipped over from England/Europe (and the subsequent CRAZY shipping charges).
21.gif

nobody said it was affordable or even available in the USA. The point was merely high amounts of moly are not required to make a fantastic oil.

The point was merely high amounts of moly are not required to make a fantastic oil.

There are MANY excellent oils without a drop of moly in them, that IS a given, but, they ALL must use something in place of the lacking moly to act as an effective AW/AF component.
wink.gif

OP, Thanks for posting the VOA. Hate to see so much rhetoric about moly. I'm glad that I am using in my additive package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back