Porsche Boxster 1999 77K miles 3 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get that done post haste. If it were mine, I would not even start it - have it flat bedded in.

When they break up, they often take the entire engine with them. Hopefully this one was caught in time, before too much damage was done.

Once the upgraded one is in, the problem should be solved.

The IMS problem is what keeps me from them, as lovely as they are.

It's an issue. Some of the later ones at least have some class action relief:

http://www.imsporschesettlement.com/

Originally Posted By: Vikas
The mechanic thinks it is time for IMSB. The clutch is quite heavy, so that is another incentive to get this job done.

I don't remember the entire thread, but your buyer set aside a reserve for year one repairs?

Once it's opened up, it's also a good time to check the RMS.

Sorry to hear this.

No, not part of the settlement range of the VIN. Yes, he went in with his eyes (and wallet!) open.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Does regular Boxter come with 4 piston calipers too or only the S model?

All Boxsters come with 4 piston radially mounted calipers, front and rear.
Porsche doesn't skimp on brakes, ever.

And I love overkill brakes.

BC.

That is one thing that I really appreciate on Porsches and really miss on my more cost effective vehicles.

Brakes that won't fade FTW

Yes, P-car brakes are awe inspiring. Even with all season continentals and textar pads, it is downright scary how quick you can stop a Boxster.

Just a gorgeous car. Still, I wonder about people who would knowingly produce a premium priced car with a known defect like that year after year after year. Sounds like your pal got a price that takes that into account, so no harm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back