NAPA Gold vs Silver Air Filter Differences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the difference between NAPA Gold and Silver air filters? I had the chance to look at both and the only difference seems to be that the basket is silver on the Silver and black on the Gold. The filter media looks identical.

Any sources backing this up or verification of the manufacturer? Because when I inspected them the filter media literally looks like the same sort of white, glass/cotton fiber type material.

I had similar question about Fram cartridge oil filters, the Extra Guard and Tough Guard filter media looked identical to my eyes, but Motorking(Fram rep) said they are different, with Tough Guard has more glass media than Extra Guard, about 5% more.

Originally Posted By: nobb
Any sources backing this up or verification of the manufacturer? Because when I inspected them the filter media literally looks like the same sort of white, glass/cotton fiber type material.

Indeed; I just installed a silver..........actually it was a proselect because that's all they had. I compared it to the gold I took out and it looks identical; same number of pleats, spacing, gasket rubber etc.

I heard ACDelco makes one of the most efficient dry paper air filters. I would suspect that the NAPA Gold is better efficiency than the Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back