Help -- '97 Camry Factory Alarm Won't Reset!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
UH.

My Wife's 1997 Camry - she tipped over a 5 gallon water bottle behind her seat going around a corner, cap came off & it
spilled 3 gallons of water on the floor, right by the factory electronic security
control unit.
crazy2.gif

Summary:

- The car stopped in the middle of the road.
- The security alarm was on FULL BLAST until I disconnected the Battery.

- We soaked up the water.
- The car would not start.
- I disconnected all under seat alarm connectors & the car started to drive it home.

- The red led light is on fully with the 4 parking lights on anytime the battery is connected.

- I looked thoroughly... There is NO Valet button or toggle switch to reset under the dash or seat like I saw in a google search.

How do I reset that security system?

OR better yet: How do I permanetly disable that darn alarm system??

Thank you!!

I've always seen the "Security" display to the left of the steering wheel, but my alarm doesn't work. They originally came with a key fob right? I just use my key.

Get some really high powered fans, as many as you can and dry out the wet area for a couple days and don't hook up the battery til' it's dry. At Home Depot you can rent one of those super high powered carpet dryer fans, that may be your best bet at keeping this thing alive.

We do not have the key fob anymore.

There's gotta be someway to disable or reset this thing, we need the car & cannot take it anywhere.....

I fixed it.....

Took apart the control box & got the water out of it.

Then I brought out a hair dryer & got it bone dry. Everything works well now.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back