Acura Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I already have ppf installed on the headlight, I wonder how that would go.

Originally Posted By: jrustles
Hmmm. Guess this is why all new cars haven't switched from HID to LED yet; heat management issues.

This is what happening: You leave your car idling over one and a half hours, in summer heat, with the low beams on, the low beam projector will start melting.... There is not enough airflow to keep things cool.

There was only ONE known incident of this occurring. Replacement headlamps have improved design projector, much testing, the conditions were just right for this to happen. True the slow sales made the recall much less costly, and the H.I.D. versions do not have this problem. This is from a person with "knowledge of the matter".

Last edited:
Since I have spent more time than that stuck in traffic in rather hot conditions I'll let the early adopters work out the bugs first!

I remember HID failure issues when they were first seen here. New stuff needs time to get the kinks out, even mighty Honda...

Never had my sealed beams melt or fog up
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Miller88
smile.gif

Sound like me, I picked up the Chrysler in the Summer of 05 and was amazed the first time I drove in the dark. The HID's were just bizarre, and then I read the horror stories on the Net about them.

They're still working fine at nearly 100k miles, but I won't say I liked them at first...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Since I have spent more time than that stuck in traffic in rather hot conditions I'll let the early adopters work out the bugs first!

I remember HID failure issues when they were first seen here. New stuff needs time to get the kinks out, even mighty Honda...

Nothing like being the "beta" tester and paying for the privilege.

Smoky

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Miller88
smile.gif

Sound like me, I picked up the Chrysler in the Summer of 05 and was amazed the first time I drove in the dark. The HID's were just bizarre, and then I read the horror stories on the Net about them.

They're still working fine at nearly 100k miles, but I won't say I liked them at first...

I primarily have been in Fords. The headlights are just always dim. For some reason I equate sub-par headlight wiring (causing headlights to be dim all the time) with the modern plastic headlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back