tc-w3 in a di engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured they were lying. After leaving the dealer I went to autozone and bought tectron complete and put in the tank and filled up with 93 octane shell. I did that three times in a row and the cars been fine ever since. I changed my oil and filter and now I make sure I use the tectron stuff more then once an oci. Its a pain in the rearend to keep doing this and I might complain to Hyundai corp because it shouldn't fall on my wallet because of there design flaw. Someone was saying that I could close off the pcv valve and close off or redirect the vapors to the atmosphere but If I did that it wouldn't pass inspection or could screw up my warranty. But so far hyundais warranty doesn't mean anything anyways. The biggest piece of junk I ever bought.

Hey,

I don't think you have to use Techtron every time .. switch to better gas and see how it goes
smile.gif

My cars get carboned up form poor fuel quality (even from supposed top tier) and not running enough air and cyl pressure - you have to use all the available power a few time a drive to keep 'em clean. Ive been driving 30 miles ot of my way to get devent gas and the car runs MUCH better and shows 1.5 more mpg long term ave on the DIC.

I usually fill up at the shell station down the road. They got new tanks put in last year so I know the tanks are good. and its right next to the highway so I know they get a lot of cars filling up. So I know the gas aint stale. They don't take the frn rewards card. I wonder sometimes if these top tier stations are cheating somehow. U got me thinking ARCOgraphite

Mazda found keeping the intake valves HOT has solved the intake valve deposit issue.

Using fuel additives on a DI motor is a waste of money since it's injected downstream of the valves.

Using too much of a fuel additive over your OCI can contaminate the oil, most companies say to limit to no more than 3 applications per oci.

Originally Posted By: brandini

Using fuel additives on a DI motor is a waste of money since it's injected downstream of the valves.

This is not true. DI injectors operate at much higher PSI than standard injectors. It is well documented they foul easy. Regular usage (not constant) of fuel system/injector cleaners is not a waste of money for a DI car.

Like I said I didn't know what else to do after Hyundai did the bg44 intake cleaning and 2 days later the noise came back so I just went to town with tectron. It worked. I will plan on doing two tectron cleanings per oci. Yeah it might be expensive to do this but it beats bringing the car to dealer for a service that I know didn't work. In the end it will work out to the same price anyways. I will call Hyundai corp and complain because I do not think it should be my problem. Im hoping more people complain to Hyundai because hopefully then they might do something about it.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

This is not true. DI injectors operate at much higher PSI than standard injectors. It is well documented they foul easy. Regular usage (not constant) of fuel system/injector cleaners is not a waste of money for a DI car.

Pictures posted are of intake valves... which would definitely not be affected. If the injector itself is clogging then yes it would be able to help. Using TopTier gas all the time is probably more effective and easier.

Pictures posted are of intake valves... which would definitely not be affected. If the injector itself is clogging then yes it would be able to help. Using TopTier gas all the time is probably more effective and easier.

I know the difference between a valve and an injector. Your statement that there is no benefit to DI engines when using fuel system cleaners is blatantly wrong based on injector cleaning alone. And even though it doesn't spray the valves the entire system benefits from the usage and helps prevent the intake valve deposits from forming.

Last edited:

I know the difference between a valve and an injector. Your statement that there is no benefit to DI engines when using fuel system cleaners is blatantly wrong based on injector cleaning alone. And even though it doesn't spray the valves the entire system benefits from the usage and helps prevent the intake valve deposits from forming.

How?

How?

Well, for the 300th time..... Start with the injectors, this is where the fuel enters the system of of the engine for this discussion. When injectors foul, you get incomplete combustion and excess fuel ends up in the oil. This results in fuel dilution of the oil. Fuel dilution in the oil increases the volatility of the oil. Increased oil volatility leads to increased vapors in the PCV system. The increase of vapors increases the amount available to condense on the intake valves as the vapors come through the PCV system into the intake.

As a result of all this, keeping the injectors as clean as possible and maintaining optimum fuel injector operation should help (not solve the problem) reduce/slow down the formation of intake valve deposits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back