Notice what's not on this list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that list is a little bit off. They can't go by just the number of ER visits for that one activity. Think about how many kids ride a bike compared to how many play hockey.

Oh for heaven's sake, lock your kids in a padded room so they will be safe from all harm.

Any activity has risks. I'm curious how many ER visits resulted from.school activities.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
They can't go by just the number of ER visits for that one activity.

Yes; data like this HAS to be normalized to total numbers of participation if it is to have any value.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Isn't shooting one of the safest?

Yes, whether you look at rates or number of incidents.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
I think that list is a little bit off. They can't go by just the number of ER visits for that one activity. Think about how many kids ride a bike compared to how many play hockey.

Exactly!

Stupid reporting.

Also for statisics, Bicycle riding should be broken down into sub sports, BMX, Mountain biking etc.
I had someone lecturing me on how dangerous it was to ride a bike without a helmet, quoting how many visits to the ER there are each year.
Heck, I ride at 10-15 mph on a flat trail. Yet my activity is linked to extreme sports.

ITT:

think-of-the-children.jpg

LOL. The article has nothing to do with the article title. No mention of % of injuries vs participants. No mention of injury severity. Obviously a crushed spinal column has greater importance than a sprained pinky.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Oh for heaven's sake, lock your kids in a padded room so they will be safe from all harm.

403924_283420635051465_138763606183836_813211_1516381148_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back