Napa Gold 7060, 9,100 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This NAPA Gold 7060 filter was purchased about 5 years ago from Fleet Filter. Notice it has a white can, thread-end bypass, and nitrile ADBV. It was the last one in my stash. The new one I replaced it with is in a black can with a dome-end bypass and a silicone ADBV.

This is from my 2008 Chevy Silverado with 6.0L L76 VortecMAX engine - the same engine used in the Pontiac G8 GT. The filter has over 9,100 miles on it running the old Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 SN. I sent an oil sample to Blackstone and will post the results when I receive them.

I think it looks great. The only thing I found disconcerting was how easily my filter cutter opened the can. It was like cutting tin foil. In comparison, several Bosch D+ filters I opened were very difficult to get through.

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

Thanks for the cut & post
smile.gif

Looks good , I fine that the MC,s now are the paper thin one's I have found.

It is always nice to see how well WIX built filters hold up, even with a longer OCI. This also goes to show that stockpiling filters for a few years is perfectly fine as long as it is well made.

Thin cans must not be a big deal. A lot of filters are built like this and I don't recall seeing any reports of problems.

Looks very good, Wix always seem to. You sure that is a Gold, even an old one? Don't remember seeing a Gold with a nitrile ADBV. But you're right the part number is a Gold series number. Strange.

Thanks for cutting and posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back