Water Leak; 2009 Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am absolutely perplexed. A substantial amount of water showed up in the back passenger side of my Malibu. Carpeting is absolutely drenched. Wetness starts under the front passenger seat and goes backwards. I can't detect any leaks around the door molding or windows. Nothing has been spilled or anything. I took the power vac and thought I had it all up yesterday, only to have it reappear today. Any thoughts?

Thanks, guys.

A/C drain hose issue ..instead of draining outside it's running back into your car. A co-worker had the same issue with his 2008 .

Any rain or significant humidity where you live?

Has the car ever been wrecked?

Maybe crawl underneath and look for a missing body plug.

I assume you have tried a garden hose over that part of the car. If not, do that. Water leaks can be hard to trace.

I wrecked my truck a little over four years ago. I did not replace the windsheild since it did not crack. About a year ago I started to notice dampness on the passenger side air bag cover after heavy rain. I had also noticed a creaking noise from the passenger side of the truck. No water on the headliner, never a visible drip. I had a glass shop throw in a new windsheild, and the dampness on the air bag cover and the creaking both went away.

Good suggestion from BudOne.

Last edited:
Does the car have a sunroof? If so check those drains. Otherwise check the cowl drains both at their exit at the firewall and entry under the cowl.

Id also look at the sealing around the cabin filter.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
A/C drain hose issue ..instead of draining outside it's running back into your car. A co-worker had the same issue with his 2008 .

Exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back