Show us your bikes' instrument clusters

Status
Not open for further replies.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Analyzer
IMG_20130603_085010_zps5aed14bd.jpg
1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

I had one of these back in the day. I still miss it.

I hear ya Whip! I was extremely blessed to have picked it up from an older gentleman with 21,000 miles on it as my first real bike, and I've been cleaning and trying to restore it to like new condition without dropping big money into it. So far I'm almost at 42,000 miles on it with not one issue what so ever, I've gotten lots of compliments on it, and it's fun to shock those on their stock 600's when they think it's just a cruiser and I end up keeping up/beating them. It has Yamaha's Genesis 5 Valve head, and was putting down 90 hp from the factory with 26,600 mile valve adjustment intervals (pretty solid stats for 86). If you're hoping to get one keep an eye on Craigslist or Ebay, there's still a handful that pop up on occasion and can be had pretty inexpensively!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Weren't those known as the "baby V max"?

Lol Yeah, they definitely had that nickname because of the similar riding position and the chrome accents at the gas tank on the FZX700 that were reminiscent of the Ram Air induction ports on the V-Max. I've gotten that one a handful of times until they get closer and realize its size and the I4 instead of the V4.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Weren't those known as the "baby V max"?

I had a few people ask if mine was a custom V Max. It really was a great bike.

My GS rolled a mileage milestone this past week. It's not much compared to what some folks have accomplished but I am still thrilled with the bike and I ride it whenever I can.
thumbsup2.gif

SAM_0386-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back