Bought more MoS2, now a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought another bottle of MoS2 for the Jeep. To my surprise the price at Napa has gone down to $6.29 by the way.

Anyway... I've used it before and liked it. I've been fretting about my piston skirts ever since I suddenly started to get slap at cold start this winter. It wasn't gradual, just all of a sudden there it was and now it does it for a bit at cold start even up to the fifties.

Anyway again... so I bought the MoS2 figuring it couldn't hurt. But I'm 1200 miles from an OCI. Can't decide whether or not to put it in now or not. Kind of leaning towards waiting till I do the change and then put the whole can in for the whole OCI.

You think 1200 miles on a can would be a waste, or good enough to start using a half can after that?

You should wait until the next oil change, the longer MoS2 is in the engine the better it will work its magic.

I bough a bottle few months ago, I don't remember how much I paid for it but I think I got 10% off for online purchase to pick up in store.

I guess I will wait, but I've got "the itch" to tinker LOL. I need to do a tranny service maybe that'll hold me over ha ha.

Let us know how it works out, My Wife's 08 liberty Is running with Ceratec in it right now.

Well I did the tranny service, one thing led to another and I did the oil change also and added the full bottle of MoS2. Likely will just use just a half bottle next time.

Runs quieter already, but its the Pennzoil not the MoS2 (yet). I am done experimenting, I've tried more oils than I care to admit and I can't find a finer running oil for the Jeep than dino Pennzoil. It's all it's gonna get from here on out while I own it. No more biting on sales or trying the flavor of the month for the Jeep!

Will the MoS2 help my pistons? I dunno but it can't hurt and if it helps it is well worth 3 bucks an OCI. I did get a small mpg increase when I used it before, about .5 to .75 mpg, it also ran quieter which I like so well worth it in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back