Wearever brake parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the Advance Auto parts ad and thought with the deals and online codes I could get the parts for an impending brake job.

I have never purchased the "Wearever" brand from AAP before. Can anyone speak to their quality or lack thereof? Seems like a bargain if they are any good.

It is what I've used on my Silverado pickup (which is a tow vehicle), a Chrysler Town and Country minivan (a model known to be hard on brakes), and a Buick Park Avenue.

No problems with any of them. They fit and they last. The pads work well, with no dust and no squeaks.

Only problem I had was that when I went to get rotors for the Silverado, I ended up with one rotor that had a machined "hat", and one that had a rough surface "hat".

A third rotor off that was pulled off of the shelf had the rough surface on the hat, so that's what we went with. Advance must have multiple suppliers for these, or was switching from one vendor to another.

My experience is that they're good quality for what they cost.... which exactly what I want. I'll use them again without hesitation.

Originally Posted By: sasha
been using wearever pads and rotors for years. never once i had an issue with them.

Exactly this.

The pads are great but in my apps the rotors are expensive even with coupons. Check amazon.com of all places... either with Prime or free shipping on a pair if they're over $35.

hint, get the wearever number from Advance and use that to start your search. Amazon has a "car fit finder" which IMO is still a little akward.

I've been using Wearever for a long time, they are manufactured by Federal-Mogul who makes the Wagner ThermoQuiet line (Track record with the ThermoQuiets is 100%!) . I've had mediocre results with their rotors. Not sure who makes them. I much prefer the Wagner Premium rotors, I also purchase them from Amazon, as eljefino noted above. Shipping is free with Amazon Prime.

I was going to get the Platinum from AAP but went with the Thermoquiets from Amazon.With the Spring rebate they were much cheaper.

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
I've been using Wearever for a long time, they are manufactured by Federal-Mogul who makes the Wagner ThermoQuiet line (Track record with the ThermoQuiets is 100%!) .

Actually the Wearever pads are made by an independent contractor. The Silver and Gold are designed in N. Carolina but produced all over. The Platinum pads are also independent and most if not all are made in India. Still good pads. I have sold tons of em over 17 years.

Originally Posted By: dave180
I was looking at the Advance Auto parts ad and thought with the deals and online codes I could get the parts for an impending brake job.

I have never purchased the "Wearever" brand from AAP before. Can anyone speak to their quality or lack thereof? Seems like a bargain if they are any good.

Have them on the kids 2009 Civic.....no problem in 15,000 miles so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back