Are Hercules tires any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hercules is a cousin to Cooper.

Cooper is a minority owner of Kumho.

They both have strengths and weaknesses in their tire models.

Without naming any specific models of tires that you're interested in... it is hard to say how they compare.

Originally Posted By: zeke1985
Money is tight and I need new tires, how are these compared to. Kuhmo?

Go to walmart.com, and search for your tires. I just got Goodyears for $49 each for my Camry. What size are you running?

Yes, the size that you need, vehicle that they're going on and criteria may help us pick a better tire for you and probably at a better price for your budget.

I've used Hercules on a Geo Prizm. They were solid tires, at their price point. I'd say a fair comparison would be the Cooper Lifeliner.

Last edited:
What kind of car do you have, and what tire size do you need?

Generally, I'd rather go with Kumho since at least it's a name brand.

@mrsilv, I thought Cooper had sold its Kumho shares

Cooper has made Hercules branded tires since Hercules was founded in 1952.
http://coopertire.com/News/Corporate-New...ar-Anniver.aspx

Cooper bought 11% of Kumho in 2005.

All the tires mentioned are OK. We really don't know the difference between Cooper branded tires, Cooper's other brands...Dean, Mastercraft...and Cooper's private label tires including Hercules. With money tight, I'd get whichever make & model suits my needs and the price is lowest, understanding that none of these will be as good as a top line tire.

An interesting new retail brand of cheap Chinese tires is Sailun. They seem to offer a lot for the money. The Les Schwab regional chain is offering these, and Les Schwab has an excellent warranty, so the tires are likely very reliable.
http://www.gosailun.com/
And, I'd rather have a Hercules made by Cooper in the U.S.--but money is tight, and any safe tire is a good choice.

Hercules is good enough of a tire that American Tire Distributors just purchased the brand for $320 million.

They are good tires.

Last edited:
hercules has some fine tires and some below average ones..

many are better than the bottom shelf goodyear integrity's

Actually several of there SUV / Truck tires are quite good I have used several models on several SUV / Trucks and I would purchase again.

We work with Hercules at work all the time and in my opinion absolute trash
I seen it several times now where they will shake and vibrate your teeth loose when brand new and their customer service is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back