what do they use at Grease Monkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody, I was wondering if anyone here knows what brand of oil filters does Grease Monkey use? We have one here locally and I was just curious just in case any of our cars need a quick lube place instead of the dealer. Also does the oil they use vary from franchise to franchise or are they all the same? Thanks.

When I finally hit the Powerball for the big one, I'll name my chain of quick lubes, "Continental" Quick-Lube Service.

It will give you the overwhelming impression of "Grease".
grin.gif

offtopic.gif
If I hit the lotto, I will open a good lube place for OCD BITOG'ers. Completed with live cams you can follow every move of the techs from the break room, talk back via a wireless handset. For those who obsesses but don't want to get his hands dirty. Besides, it is 100 degree out here
grin.gif

I worked at one for a summer job when I was 16 and we used Purolator Proline filters and 76 brand bulk oil made by Conoco Phillips.

quote:

Originally posted by Frank D:
Why don't you just ask them what they use if you want to go there for their services.

good question. none of our cars need an oil change yet and i don't feel like just stopping by and asking.haven't been there for a year or so after my mom traded in her stratus.

FYI- Grease monkey for many years used a filter manufactured with their name on it. It was very recently discontinued, so I imagine they went with a cheaper supplier that would not rebrand the filters just them. The oil type probably varies between location as I do not believe Grease Monkey has an oil supplier contract they are forced to use but I could be wrong. I am pretty sure most of the techs will have no idea who the actual manufacturer of their filters is. It is probably a rebrand or clone. Be careful, the abscence of any real minimum oil filter standards has put some real crap out there aimed at the installer market. Fram is a big player in this market with about 50 different names, as well as some other oddballs like TVI, Filter Max, AFC, Filter King and others you have never heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back